never satisfied,,,,

Options
I always find that even though i lost a bit of weight and got in the clothes i want to, i am still trying to change myself. Thinking if i coul just loose a couple more pounds or thinking if i had longer hair, or fretting if i have had a binge day. I never feel completley happy with myself. Does any1 else go thru this>? Sorry if i sound morbid x

Replies

• coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    All the time. No matter how much weight I lose, my stomach isn't perfect, my thighs are too big, I'm not toned enough. Then I lose in the wrong places like my face and my arms and my chest. My body will never be perfect, and I guess I'll just have to learn to accept that.
  • liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think everyone feels like this from time to time, just some are more willing to accept and admit it...Sometimes when I feel like I need to change something, I do, like cut my hair, or buy a new pair of jeans that make me look thinner or whatever...I guess the big thing is to look in the mirror, find the things you do like and embrace them and take the focus off of negative things. You just can't let yourself dwell on things that you may not like or be able to change. You have to be able to move on and focus on better things.
  • nuttylou
    nuttylou Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    all the time, check out my blog today lol :-) x
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I feel like that as well. My original goal was 120, I'm 5'4. Made it to that, was wearing a size 2 in pants and jeans and I should be ecstatic. Well apparently not, now I want to go to 115. But I told myself no lower. It doesn't help that I am having problems at home. I think that this control over my calories is helping me to cope with everything else that is so out of control at the moment.
    (Can you tell that I am feeling morbid as well?)
    I think I preferred myself when I was fat and happy :(.
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    When I get like that I have to remind myself that maybe it is not the outward appearance I need to change. I need to look deeper into myself.
    I always have to do a gut check and think, what am I really unhappy about, and why am I trying to self sabotage. Usually once I give a quick check list of all the things I am thankful for I quickly realize how blessed I am.
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    You need to spend more time with positive people...I would wake up look in the mirror and cry...everyone else was positive towards me and the only thing that really bothers me is my weight. I'm a very strong and hmm...can'ts say positive person but very blunt and honest..and if people don't like my opinion..don't ask.. If that is you in your profile pic..you are a very attractive lady. Words of my 18 year old son...I feel he may be wise beyond his years. "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. " Take one day at a time..if that's to much break it down from there. Good Luck!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    you need to try to look at yourself as a whole, rather than just body parts. I'm 34 and when i was younger i used to pick myself apart -eyes too close, lips too small, belly too big. Nowadays, even though i'm bigger -i'm happy with myself (losing weight for health more than anything else)

But you need to realise that nobody else looks at you like that -people see the whole person-personality aswell.

Stop being so harsh on yourselves, and also realise that nobody else really cares what you look like-they're too busy thinking about themselves! ;)
  • Xenzu
    Xenzu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Never being satisfied is a personality trait that many have. What's important is to understand your body's limitations. For example, my BMI is around 'Healthy' zone starts at 172. With my frame (broad shoulders, long torso) there is no way I will be that weight and be 'healthy.' I'm shooting for 185. Now, I had to train myself to think that way. Being comfortable and doing it because you want to is different then a constant need to. You need to ask yourself which you are doing.

X-
  • size08
    size08 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    :angry: yep! never satisfied. sounds very familar.

what I have learnt over the years with dieting, being at my fattest 72kgs (158lbs) being at my thinnest 50kgs (110lbs) being at my middle weight--57-60kgs (125--132lbs) being at my Goal weight 53kgs (116lbs) is I look disgusting at 72kgs, I look too skinny on 50kgs and also take particular note 50kgs was impossible to maintain. I had to continue to eat like a sparrow; god help me if I dare ate half a slice of bread with maragrine on it. "weight gain within seconds" So, I settled for my famous 53kgs. Why, because it dose look good, especially if I've been working out, looks even better, but, it's easy to maintain this weight. my personel best. But, I still have to workout and watch every single calorie that goes in my mouth.

You have to draw the line somewhere!:glasses: