novice needing help!!!!! please

Options
genie172
genie172 Posts: 11 Member
Hi everyone, im totally new to this dieting thing. I stopped smoking after being diagnosed with copd and within 3 months ive gained over 2 stone. Desperate to lose it and get back to being me. This is the first time ive ever used a diet, let alone all rhis calorie counting, any tips will be more than welcome

Replies

• kimmus1978
    kimmus1978 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to it too.
    Maybe we can encourage each other? :D
  • DrTempest
    DrTempest Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a diet. Think of it as a much-needed lifestyle improvement. Think to yourself, "I want my life to be better, and this is one of the major steps."
  • Victoriamrs
    Victoriamrs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome and the best of luck to you both. Try and get as many positive friends read their diaries for meal and exercise ideas and tips. Forums are also worth checking out lots of tips on them.

Both welcome to add me. :)
  • genie172
    Options
    Im not even sure im typing the right things in the right places on these forums, theres so many sections on here. But I'l give it a go. Ive been using this for a week and have lost 3lbs so its definately working so far, how about you
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Patience and dedication are key to success, IMO. If you're just "dieting," you'll probably end up going back to your old ways and regain the weight. The people I usually see having the most success view this as a transformation, not a temporary phase.

Lots of information in the link below, so don't feel overwhelmed. This is a long journey. But the info here has helped a lot of people make the transition from newbie to experienced MFP vet.

Good luck in your journey, you two!

Important Posts to Read on MFP...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/833026
  • Victoriamrs
    Options
    Well done that is great, long may it continue. I have lost six pounds in the last three months just changing my diet. Increasing my exercise now in an effort to lose a little more in a shorter amount of time. Hoping to have lost another stone by my birthday in July. Fingers crossed.
  • genie172
    Options
    Welcome and the best of luck to you both. Try and get as many positive friends read their diaries for meal and exercise ideas and tips. Forums are also worth checking out lots of tips on them.

Both welcome to add me. :)

• genie172
    Options
    How do I do the friend add thingy victoriamurs please?
  • Victoriamrs
    Options
    Click on the person's name and their profile will come up. You will see the option to send them a friend request. :)