28 year old Panamanian female in San Antonio, Texas..

Options
Hey everyone, thanks for reading...

I started this 3 days ago. I'm interested in getting down to 160 pounds. I'm 266 right now. so that's around 106 pounds that I need to lose..
I started logging what I hate for the past three days, and it's pretty crazy. Not really proud of myself, but now I can evaulate where I need to make changes during the day.

I'm 28, and I was born in Panama, raised in Germany. I lived in North Pole, Alaska for a little while. I have two kids, ages 4 and 5. I have been single for over a year, which has been a blessing and a curse at the same time! Don't know if anyone is in the same boat, but it sucks sometimes...especially as a mom..

Well, I'm a pharmacy technician, American Red Cross Volunteer, and college student in addition to being a mom. I'm studying for a bachelor's in Health Care Administration.

I'm interested in making new friends here, hopefully you can add me if you feel compelled to :P Especially if you're trying to lose 100 pounds like me. I'm trying to lose weight to be able to get into the Air National Guard.

I hope to hear from you soon. I'm Sue Ellen , by the way. : )

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jon830
    jon830 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bienvenido! :D
  • MaracuyaConAzucar
    Options
  • jamesedwards6
    jamesedwards6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sue Ellen hang in there. Being a mom is the most important thing in this world you can do. Try to log all of your food I use the barcode scanner frequently for me it's the easiest. I was a single parent for over 18 years, so I can know how you feel. Also lived in Germany for 8 years. Last year, I got out of the army and I gained 30 pounds. In between Thanksgiving and Christmas I gained another 15 pounds. I started my diet on New Year's Eve at 218 pounds. I'm at 201 pounds today. I have lost 17 pounds and 25 days. I'm eliminated all sugar and grain from my diet. Most all fruits potatoes carrots and other starches. It's called a keto diet. I usually don't have a lot of hunger on this diet however on days when I slipped and eat too many carbohydrates I have noticed that I get hungry in the next day or later that day. Also on those days when I do eat carbohydrates I've noticed the next day I don't lose any weight or may have actually gained a pound or a pound and a half. I have set my goal to get down to 180 pounds by St. Patrick's Day. After that I'll set a new goal to lose a little more. My ideal weight for my height is around 170 pounds. Hang in there I know you can do this. No matter what diet you're on is just a matter of knowing what you're putting in your body and the effect it has on you. Good luck with your health goals and your goals for college and getting into the military.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm in San Antonio, too. I'm a homeschooling mom of two girls (7 and 9). I've lost 69 pounds so far, and have about 16 more to go to goal (weight of 147, 85 pounds lost total).

Make sure you make small, attainable goals (like lose 10 pounds, hit 240, etc) so you don't feel overwhelmed. Get a food scale if you don't have one.

You can do it!