Recovering from Adrenal Fatigue. Looking for help with this. Thanks :)

Options
I was an ultrarunner and previously very fit. This adrenal fatigue has kept me from activity and coupled with high cortisol I've had undesired weight gain. Any attempts at increasing my activity sends me backwards for days or weeks. Please share any advice you have. All thoughts are welcome and appreciated. Thanks much!

Replies

• sugar297
    sugar297 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think I have it too from coming off corticosteroids for asthma. I have had this a couple times before but it seems to be lasting long time. I hate it! everything I do completely wears me out. Do you feel really exhausted in the morning especially? What are you doing to help yourself? I have just ordered some adrenal support supplements and I am taking vitamins, eating really healthy too. Can't exercise at all )-: Please let me know how you are doing with this and let me know if you found a doctor who will help with this.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm currently working on balancing my adrenals and low thyroid through nutrition. Feel free to friend me and we can chat! :)
  • candiinalaska
    candiinalaska Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed hypothyroid nearly 19 years ago. Just last month, after chasing thyroid numbers up and down and all around, having loads of blood tests for menopausal symptoms and weird thyroid results, I started working with a compounding pharmacist friend. He went over all my bloodwork and said he felt it was adrenal fatigue but that my husband, a chiropractor, should do a blood pressure test to be sure. He ran the test and sure enough it came back as positive for adrenal fatigue. He had me fill out a question aire for supplements and put me on the necessary ones. It's been almost a month and I feel much better, I don't do as much exercise as I used to because it will take its toll on me. But I'm hoping to build back up to it. There is a great book out by James L. Wilson called Adrenal Fatigue The 21st Century Stress Syndrome. Clean eating is a big part of getting well but so is removing mental and physical stressors. Good luck to you all! I'm glad I'm not on this journey alone.