Anyone have hormone imbalance or adrenal fatigue?

Options
I have been working out and eating right yet not every losing all the weight that I've needed to. A few months ago I even started gaining.

Recently I took some saliva tests because the docs think I have adrenal fatigue. Supposedly it's common and often undiagnosed in America. Anyway, the treatment process includes lots of sleep, lots of walking, and supplements. It's hard to believe this will help me. Anyone can relate to my story? Anyone lose weight? How long did it take?

Replies

• KimOSmithRD
    KimOSmithRD Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can relate. Three years ago, I had that saliva test, among others. The naturopath found that my blood work showed gluten intolerance. I went on an elimination diet, eliminating all potential allergens etc, started dhea and pregnenolone supplementation. I started feeling better and losing weight within a couple of weeks. At six months I felt great! My suggestion would be to find the cause of the adrenal fatigue, and work to remedy that. The sleep and walking type exercise (not so adrenaline pumping) is smart too...and blood sugar control. Good luck! It takes time :)
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That's what I wanted to know if the weight will start coming off with the supplementation or if you have to wait 6 months to a year before it does.

My question to you is how fast is too fast on the treadmill? I typically keep my heart rate between 130-150. Is that too high you think? I'm only walking at about a 2.2-2.8 speed. Any slower feels like an old lady walking!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
  • emhunter
    Options
    I think that's up for debate. The reasons they give for my symptoms are sleep apnea, I'm sure I don't have. And I'm not depressed. Adrenal insufficiency may be something I have but time will tell. I've been checked for many things and I'm willing to go with this one because it seems to be the most inline with what's going on with my body. If the supplements and treatment help, I will be a believer.
  • sugar297
    sugar297 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It's not bogus when you have it. I have been completely exhausted trying to get off of asthma coriticosteroids. It messes with your adrenals. I would do anything to get some energy back. I wish there was a doctor around here in eastern NC who could help. I am trying to figure it out on my own so please give any advice that helped you.
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I actually see Dr. Saunders in Winston-Salem, and drive there from near Wilmington. Totally worth it.
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    OP, are you on hormonal birth control? You might want to read on side effects of birth control. Look up this book "Hormone Heresy : What Women Must Know About Their Hormones" and read it. Library should have it, or Amazon.
  • emhunter
    Options
    Hi Victoria!

I'm not on birth control at all. Have not been in at least 3 years. But I've heard I may need to get on it soon to help regulate my cycle.
  • emhunter
    Options
    MmmDrop wrote: »
    I actually see Dr. Saunders in Winston-Salem, and drive there from near Wilmington. Totally worth it.

I'm in Charlotte. I may have to drive there. What about the doctor do you like so much?