Needing support and ideas

Hello everyone. My name is Christy. I have been trying for months to get motivated after losing my job right before Christmas. I need to lose at least 50 pounds to be at my healthy weight. I am also in menopause at 37 so this is even harder to do. I know I need to work out but again no motivation all my time is spent looking for a job and I have a bad knee so having a hard time finding exercises that won't make it worse. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• Hi there, I'm Karen=) I am here to motivate you!! Sorry to hear about your job. When you are going through a hard time, it can be discouraging, however, I have found that once you begin eating healthy and drinking lots of water, you are cleansing your body, which in turn makes you feel better (emotionally and otherwise). There are exercises you can do from a chair for now until you get stronger....go on youtube. I am also in menopause, started at 44, so I understand the struggle with that. Here is a list of things I do to stay motivated:

Read success stories- very motivating
    Mental imagery- See yourself thin
    Talk to yourself- self motivate
    Promise yourself that you will do some form of exercise daily and drink water!
    I bring my own food to parties
    I allow myself 1 cheat day a month=)
    I will not take diet pills or spend money on a gym or silly shakes....This can be done by swapping out the food in your house and exercising at home.

I have lost a total of 50 pounds so far, 70 more to go. Once you lose about 25 pounds people start to make compliments and that alone will be motivating! Best of luck!!
  • christy11_2
    christy11_2 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you for the positive thoughts i want to change the way we eat but not sure of what type of planning program to use. Any ideas