inner thighs..

Options
I know you can't exercise for one specific area but I was wondering if there are any exercises better than another to help tighten up my inner thigh area. I am currently doing Zumba 6 days a week as well as Power90 3 days of Sweat & 3 days of sculpt. I also do LOTS of walking, usually try to do at least 2 miles a day. So if there are any other suggestions out there I'd love to hear them :happy:

Thanks!

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, plie squats ....
  • jessmars
    jessmars Posts: 131
    Options
    Lunges and squats are good ways to tone the leg in general since you cant really target train a specific area. This website has some good easy stuff to help
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/90528-hip-adductor-exercises/
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, plie squats ....

WORD!!!! and imagine the fantabulous BUTT you will have after all of those SQUATS!! :bigsmile:
    .... be right back... I'm going to go do some squats :wink:
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    By your profile picture your husband is Army, your installation should have a gym which you can access for free. Their are two styles of Hip Abductor machines, one designed for Inner thighs one designed for outer thighs. Start doing reps on those. Im an over achiever so I have Great leg muscles despite still having flab on my thighs from weight. In HS I could calf press more then most of the foot ball team :)
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You CAN target train, you just CAN'T target weight loss. You target train by strength training for those areas to build and tone the muscle there. If there is still fat there then doing strength training in those areas will do nothing because the fat will still be there so you must lose the fat first then target tone in those areas.
  • Lisone
    Lisone Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I use the hip abductor machine at my gym and its AWESOME!
  • emusingmom
    emusingmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Squats and Lunges, as previously mentioned several times - DEFINITELY!! AND......PILATES!!! That was the best addition to my gym time.....pilates and yoga.......gotta get back to it, 'cuz my shape is going soft again!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You CAN target train, you just CAN'T target weight loss. You target train by strength training for those areas to build and tone the muscle there. If there is still fat there then doing strength training in those areas will do nothing because the fat will still be there so you must lose the fat first then target tone in those areas.

As long as you are doin strength moves..squats and lunges will burn fat just not as fast as cardio....it does make sense to do them even if you still have fat to lose. It will build muscle.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    you can try laying on your back with your legs straight up in front of you so your body is at a 90 degree angle and just bring your legs out to the sides then back in. If you have a resistance band you can wrap this around your legs for added burn.
    Another move is to do the plank while laying on your back, so you are raising your hips off the ground, sort of like pelvic thrusts, and when you are thrusting your hips upward, keep them up and then bring the knees open and closed.
  • CharleneN
    CharleneN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the input and advice! I will be adding some more side exercises to my already planned out routine in hopes of taking care of that area! :smile:
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    hey,
    i have been doing what i call "butt lifts" and tighten all the lower ab and butt and thigh muscles as u do them. this is one move most people foget about. (and lay on your side leg lifts!)
    and weight lifting first, then do cardio (to burn more fat) :-) good luck!