should i drink this??

Options
Before my diet i know more than half my calories a day were sugary drinks. I drink 4 glasses of water but i also drink 1 glass of this pink lemonade packet that's 10 calories 8g sodium and 20%vitamin C when i need something sweet. How often should i drink this and will it hinder my weight loss?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    At 10 calories, it's not going to be a big deal.. have a couple a day if it makes you stay hydrated. Just count them in your log as it does count against calories. I generally drink 2 diet dews a day, but I also drink 150 oz of water.
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I drink these all the time, there are so many flavors now!! I'm sure there is some reason that they can be considered unhealthy but for me, it gets me to drink my water and it's not soda so... It has worked for me. I will say that for some reason when I drink them a lot I wake up with a dry mouth sometimes, don't know if that is related.
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 70 oz of water a day and it is always flavored with a crystal light packet (I love the energy ones). I have been losing at a steady pace of about 1.5 pounds a week. I figure it's better than soda, which is what I used to drink, and it helps me drink my water so I'm going to keep on using them.
  • bubula1230
    Options
    Powdered mix packets are really bad for the kidneys. That explains the dry month. Most of those packets contain bad chemicals which all have side effects. With artificial flavors in you water you make your kidneys filter out all the chemicals just to get the healthy h20 your body wants. Try adding lemon or even cucumber to your water its amazing how NATURAL flavors help your kidneys, liver, stomach, etc. detox impurities out of your body.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    bubula1230 wrote: »
    Powdered mix packets are really bad for the kidneys. That explains the dry month. Most of those packets contain bad chemicals which all have side effects. With artificial flavors in you water you make your kidneys filter out all the chemicals just to get the healthy h20 your body wants. Try adding lemon or even cucumber to your water its amazing how NATURAL flavors help your kidneys, liver, stomach, etc. detox impurities out of your body.

Can you provide any scientific data that support this stance the powders affect the kidneys?
  • AmberAntoine
    Options
    I think you can take any fruit juice and sweet energy drinks which will not let to increase the weight. It is not necessary that you daily drink 1 glass of this pink lemonade packet, you can have it one in a week and on others days you just take other drinks.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Before my diet i know more than half my calories a day were sugary drinks. I drink 4 glasses of water but i also drink 1 glass of this pink lemonade packet that's 10 calories 8g sodium and 20%vitamin C when i need something sweet. How often should i drink this and will it hinder my weight loss?

Drink them if you like them, just account for the calories. They aren't unhealthy. I wish I could drink them but the artificial sweeteners trigger my migraines.
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options

^^^this. But you can also use 100% fruit juice for flavor. No nasty chemicals.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

So much no!!
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »

Drink them if you like them, just account for the calories. They aren't unhealthy. I wish I could drink them but the artificial sweeteners trigger my migraines.

They trigger migraines because those chemicals aren't healthy. Some people are just more obviously effected than others.

• psuLemon
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ellaskat wrote: »
    Laurend224 wrote: »

They trigger migraines because those chemicals aren't healthy. Some people are just more obviously effected than others.

All things are chemicals; just like dihydrogen monoxide. Second, it only triggers migraines in a small portion of people (in fact, i believe i have seen less than handful of MFP members admit to it) and they are not unhealthy. But if you want to promote that, you should substantiate it with scientific studies.