non dairy items

Options
LaDawn74
LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
When searching for calories of food on here before I eat them so I know if I can or can't have them.

Are there ways to search for common foods I.e. pizza listed without cheese??? I'm HIGHLY allergic to th milk protein I.e caesin, so I can't have any foods with milk,cheese,etc.

Also I work for a family owned pizza place, I would I go about figuring up calories for their pizza? I usually split a mini pizza with a co worker on the days I work there. 2 very small slices.

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Try to search for the individual ingredients... like pizza crust, pizza sauce, then whatever toppings you used. When you're done - click on tools and "remember meal" and save it as pizza. Then it's only work the first time and you'll have a much more accurate count of calories.
  • LaDawn74
    Options
    Thank you.
  • superjlau
    superjlau Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can also create recipes and it automatically calculates how many calories are in each serving. You have to search the database for each individual ingredient to put into your recipe, but I find it convenient if i happen to eat a little more or less of a serving!
  • LaDawn74
    Options
    Can't find just plain pizza crust. I don't think it could be a whole lot of calories. I know what all we put in to make our pizza dough. Its only 5 oz of pizza dough we use for personal pizza. I just put mushrooms, onions and fajita chicken on it.

I had a whole personal one today. A personal equals 2 med slices I would say.

Any suggestions????