EFT Tapping for Weight Loss

Options
Hi I'm Andrea Amador. I'm an author and speaker, and a coach. I'm passionate about empowering women. After struggling with various forms of diets for nearly 34 years, and finally reaching my goal weight and keeping it off for nearly 6 years, it piled back on when a family crisis occurred. That's when I decided to stop dieting. For the next 9 years I've watched my weight go up and down. I've been a member of MFP since June 1 and despite many emotional challenges and stresses this year, I've lost 22 pounds, I'm never hungry, don't deprive myself and I now enjoy working out. Aside of enjoying the accountability benefit of MFP and the guidance of a good friend and nutritionist, I attribute my success in weight reduction to EFT, also known as Emotional Freedom Techniques. As a die hard junk food junkie, I know that I could never have made the lifestyle changes I have without using tapping to manage my fears and conflicts around losing weight and feeling deprived. EFT is a stress relief method that can take the edge off of your emotions and help you to manage all the emotions that make you feel out of control around food. It's been widely used for decades and was recently featured on Oprah's Help Desk. Is anyone else here familiar with EFT? It frigging rocks. Doesn't it?

Replies

• BetsyRay01
    Options
    I use EFT, but haven't tried it for weight loss. It helps me relax and keep centered.
  • ordustyrose
    Options
    I am just starting the Tapping for Weight Loss book. I am hoping that it will help me with my emotional eating.
  • dmt366
    dmt366 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea - I'm Dana and have used EFT mostly for calming my stress level but I am interested in trying it for emotional eating. I am familiar with the Tapping solution...do you have any other suggestions for following other EFT methods?
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have recently bought the tapping for weight loss audio book and so far am very impressed with what they are saying, but I feel I need to know more. Any suggestions on how to get started would be welcome.