New and a few questions.

Options
Hi, I'm new here and struggling. I've been working out every day for about an hour, mostly cardio. I've been eating on average 1000 cals. The scale is not moving. I am 43 and have about 80 pounds to lose. In the past I lose about 6-7 in the first week and about 4 the second. The scale is not moving. Totally discouraged. Does anyone have insight. Oh and I'm also drinking my water.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? If not then you might be eating more than you think.
  • jenralph2015
    Options
    I am. I'm weighing and measuring. I'm supposed to be at 1200 and I'm under 1000. Wouldn't that cover error? Thanks for the reply. Frustrated.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I worry that 1000 calories is pretty low. I wonder if your body is hanging on to everything for dear life thinking its not getting enough?

Are you eating low sodium? Maybe it's water weight.

Sometimes it takes time. Don't give up, and it will start to come off again.

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating so little? You must be miserable.

How long has it been that the scale isn't moving. You won't lose every week. Consider the fact you've lost 10 lbs - you're doing great for being new!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    moto450 wrote: »
    I wonder if your body is hanging on to everything for dear life thinking its not getting enough?

All of my WHAT ?!?

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    That's great you are weighing.Do you double check what is in the data base on here since it's not always correct? Check packets and depending on where you are from you can see other sites to compare. Good luck! Yes you are doing well. Maybe a little patience is all you need. You shouldn't lose weight too fast anyway since it's more likely to come back.
  • jenralph2015
    Options
    Thank you for replying. I actually feel good with this calorie intake. I have not lost anything. The 10 pounds is what I average my first two weeks on previous diets. As for sodium, I'm actually under the MFP goal. It's just not making sense because my food is clean and I'm working out everyday. Thank you all so much!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and struggling. I've been working out every day for about an hour, mostly cardio. I've been eating on average 1000 cals. The scale is not moving. I am 43 and have about 80 pounds to lose. In the past I lose about 6-7 in the first week and about 4 the second. The scale is not moving. Totally discouraged. Does anyone have insight. Oh and I'm also drinking my water.

Your ticker says you've lost 5 pounds.

How long have you been dieting?

My guess is that you are eating more than you realize. Setting aside medical issues, if you were truly eating 1000 calories you would be losing weight.

You say you weigh your food, but do you eat exercise calories back? If so, where do you get your burn estimates from? MFP and gym machines way overestimate calorie burns.
  • jenralph2015
    Options
    I had an initial loss but I gained it back. I was thinking it was water. I don't eat the cals I burn. 4zcivm72nw43.jpg
  • riekjeb
    Options
    Eating under 1000kcals, and an hour exercising everyday? Sounds to me that's not right...
  • jenralph2015
    Options
    Any idea why?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Any idea why?

Because you may be heading into malnutrition territory. It is recommended that women not go under 1200 calories and men 1500