I was feeling depressed about my slow progress...but then I saw these.

Options
My weight loss progress has slowed a lot since the holidays -- in fact I gained several lbs, and I knew I was going "off track" the entire time. I've been really feeling down about it lately. Hating my body, beating myself up emotionally, even feeling hopeless. Before that little bit of gain, I'd lost nearly 74 lbs since my highest weight. I was (and still am) at a size that, when I was heavier, I was doubtful I'd ever be at. But then, I got a little dressed up this past Saturday and thought I'd take some pictures. In the process of uploading them to my computer, I found some old pictures I'd taken nearly two years ago, when I was about 45 lbs heavier (not even at my heaviest weight!). I looked at the contrast and I was astonished. Really was an eye-opener and helped brush away those hopeless, anxious thoughts.

I just thought I'd share them -- not only to celebrate my victories so far but to encourage others to keep reaching for their goals! Take it one day at a time and you'll be astounded by how much progress you'll make!

Before: 3/20/2013. 5'4", ~165 - 170 lbs. Please excuse the sort of scowl-y face in the first one... lol!

2s67wk2.jpg

2yui0ef.jpg

After: 1/24/2015. 5' 4". ~123 lbs

34ngldv.jpg

117emad.jpg

Replies

• WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Huge difference well done
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You went from sexy curvy to super slim! Why would you want to lose more? You look great!
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yeah you look good! It s nice to be picked up by something you yourself created :-) good job
  • EleMeleUkulele
    EleMeleUkulele Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You amazing, beautiful girl! You look awesome!
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Huge difference! You look amazing!
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    What a difference - you look awesome, dude! <3
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Girl, you are tripping! You looked great before and after! Cut yourself some slack. As long as you reel it in when you start going off course you will be fine. You look amazing. Not just smaller but fit and lean.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Yes, congratulations on what you've achieved!

And I think the reason your weight loss has stalled is that, judging by those photos, you probably don't need to lose any more weight. At this point, maybe focus on recomp instead of further loss?
  • VioletPale
    VioletPale Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh, those legs look great! :smile:
    Looking good, congrats! :)))
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    You look very slender. I have no idea where you would lose more weight *from*. What if you tried maintenance at this point?
  • Ddonna82
    Ddonna82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes you look great but I would have to agree with everyone else that your really small and should not be trying to lose more weight but just maintaining.
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! my body type holds the last bits of fat in my stomach and inner thighs, and so even though i look small everywhere else, those two places i can still grab a handful of flesh (from each spot), if you can actually believe it! i'm not exaggerating either. i know they're a combo of loose skin and fat, but i just want to get a *little* more fat off. i am trying to lose about 5 - 8 more lbs to help get rid of it.

I do do strength training and have some muscles built up, especially in my legs and upper arms. i was planning on doing recomp, but then fell off the wagon around the holidays... so i'm trying to get to the weight i want to start at for recomp. however i do think the accidental weight gain has built my muscles a teensy tiny bit but maybe that's imagination/wishful thinking! :p
  • fwieder
    fwieder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    JUST what I needed to read/see today. You look fantastic and I'm glad you're encouraged by your own success. Thanks for sharing :)
  • dwolfe1985
    dwolfe1985 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Looking good, nice job :-)
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I can see you're doing strength training; it shows, especially in your legs. Just keep it up and keep up the intensity and you will get there. I don't think it will manifest itself in pounds lost, though. You might wind up gaining when you do recomp but you will be smaller and your trouble spots will go away. There is no question that lifting is the key to shedding the fat you want. Congrats again!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous difference. You look amazing.
  • punchgut
    punchgut Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    You look very slender. I have no idea where you would lose more weight *from*. What if you tried maintenance at this point?

^THIS!!

Also, women of child rearing prime tend to keep just a little extra around the hips/thighs. It's normal and losing it is hard and will tend to throw off your hormones. It's very healthy to keep that little there; and from a male perspective, it's a little more attractive than pencil thin.
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. stay in your current weight!!!
  • savannahdougherty7
    savannahdougherty7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job!! This was inspiring for me, I am really trying hard to stay focused on the positives and the little victories that I've achived along the way. You look amazing, great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!