I'm back and I think I need the motivation

Options
So I've on and off ,but I think I need to get back to eating healthy and lose the weight I gained. It's so hard to stay motivated though. I hope I can do it this time :\

Replies

• ahokay89
    ahokay89 Posts: 353
    Options
    You can!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    why are you not motivated?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Before you start figure out the things that made you stop last time and work out a strategy to avoid them this time. Hope is not enough, unless theres something to back it up. You can lose the weight as long as you stick to the basic rules and return consistent deficits.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    why are you not motivated?
    999tigger wrote: »
    Before you start figure out the things that made you stop last time and work out a strategy to avoid them this time. Hope is not enough, unless theres something to back it up. You can lose the weight as long as you stick to the basic rules and return consistent deficits.

These two posts say it all. All the best to you on your journey.
  • myeisha2lyles
    Options
    I haven't been motivated either because if certain life issues but let's motivate each other I think we can help each other to do great STAY FOCUSED ☺☺☺
  • darrenhinwood
    darrenhinwood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I hope you are ok. I don't speak as an expert or from any authority. Just a guy who sometimes struggles with the same motivation. All I can say is that for me exercise is key, kicking yourself out the door for a run / walk is the tough part (especially in the English weather). However once you are out you feel great (although sometimes wet) and after the exercise you feel so positive (even if rained on constantly). I find that then lessens my need to eat so helps me keep under the Myfitnesspal calorie count and also gives me the bonus calories in my diary. Good luck and feel free to add me on this site and Runkeeper :-)
  • linaisme
    linaisme Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I would like to thank you for the messages , I didn't think any one would. So thanks for taking the time.
    Life happened, I get close my goal and I start slacking , and I recently had a bad knee surgery so it's kind of hard for me to get back into the rhythm after being away for a while. It doesn't help that I find it easier to sit & ralax rather than be in pain later because of my knee. But to be honest with you, I did notice how unhappy I am with being unhealthy. So I know I have to do this...I know I need to do this...it's just hard to start & stay at it .I just have to stay focused ,and change my life style.
  • gmunzu
    gmunzu Posts: 7
    Options
    Get a fitbit, we got this!