eating close to maintenance for the last ten pounds?

Options
Has anyone tried doing this? My weight loss is at a stand still again:( I beat my plateau last time zig zagging calories but this time..the weight wont budge! Im thinking of maybe switching to maintenance calorie intake and maybe just eating 100-200 calories less to see if that will slowly start shifting the weight. Do you think this could work?

Replies

• heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've got 10 pounds to go and I just changed my goal to half a pound a week. What is yours set at now?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Unless you are a very unusual case, if you are set to lose .5lb aweek (as you should be set to..) you are already set so close to maintneance it should be insignificant. Try it.

You're at a healthy weight now. It's just a number.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You should recalculate your caloric needs every 10lbs lost, really. You should also find out what your bodyfat% is from your dr or a gym so that you can accurately calculate those needs instead of relying on MFP's faulty calculator.
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    eating more calories won't make you lose more weight than eating fewer calories.
  • mkennedym
    Options
    dunno how this and the next post got double posted.....read below.
  • mkennedym
    Options
    You should recalculate your caloric needs every 10lbs lost, really. You should also find out what your bodyfat% is from your dr or a gym so that you can accurately calculate those needs instead of relying on MFP's faulty calculator.

this guy knows what he is talking about. there is a good possibility that you are eating hte same amount of calories per day now as you were 20 lbs ago which means you lose weight slower(as you need fewer calories to maintain your weight).