Excess skin after weight loss?

Options
I'm worrying about having excess skin after losing the weight. Does it always happen or?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    genetic lottery

you're young - take it slowly, build muscle and give it time
  • AshleyIrene94
    AshleyIrene94 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :)
  • GolfsOften
    GolfsOften Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have some, but I've seen a lot worse. At my age however, I didn't expect to look 21 again. Don't let it deter you.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's all about genetics. You're young, so you have that on your side.
  • AshleyIrene94
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • pinkshoelaces
    pinkshoelaces Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'd at least start bracing yourself for the possibility. I started out with about 100 lbs to lose and I've lost 56 so far, with no loose skin as of now but I'm not in the clear quite yet. It's something that kinda worries me too, but I'm also working on getting into the mentality that it's better than being fat.

If it happens, it happens, and it probably won't be as bad as we're fearing. It's not like we had 300+ extra pounds. No matter what, it'll be okay and you'll be happier and healthier when thinner.
  • ruth7garcia9
    Options
    I am so worried about flappy skin... its nice to know i am not alone....
  • AshleyIrene94
    Options
    I was watching a tv show and this woman had the problem with a lot of extra skin after losing the weight. To do something about it, she had to go through surgery. So it got me thinking. But I do agree, if it happens it happens. But congratulations on your weight loss thus far pinkshoelaces! Add me.
    Ruth, you're definitely not alone. Add me!
  • MaryM444
    Options
    It happened to me unfortunately and I even had to make a special treatment for stretch marks so be careful and go slowly!
  • AshleyIrene94
    Options
    Thanks for her advice Mary! I'm sure you're beautiful regardless :)