Losing the last 10 pounds.....

Options
Just looking for some help and advise on losing my last 10 pounds to get to my goal weight. I started out at 135 pounds and am not 116 pounds, weight loss has slowed down and I need help to get to my goal weight of 106 pounds!

My height is 5'3 and my frame is small so I need to drop the weight to suit my build. I work out for 30 mins 5-6 times per week and calorie intake currently under 1000 cals a day.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Replies

• IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great news, but sorry to say it gets harder the closer you get to your goal. I know. You may possibly need to eat more? 1000 cals a day is not enough to sustain your body with the exercise that you're doing too.
    I use fitness frog to keep my calories in check. http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    IbiH wrote: »
    Great news, but sorry to say it gets harder the closer you get to your goal. I know. You may possibly need to eat more? 1000 cals a day is not enough to sustain your body with the exercise that you're doing too.
    I use fitness frog to keep my calories in check. http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

Why would you think eating more is going to help her lose?
    OP can you open your diary. Also, you're in a healthy weight range for your height.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Just looking for some help and advise on losing my last 10 pounds to get to my goal weight. I started out at 135 pounds and am not 116 pounds, weight loss has slowed down and I need help to get to my goal weight of 106 pounds!

My height is 5'3 and my frame is small so I need to drop the weight to suit my build. I work out for 30 mins 5-6 times per week and calorie intake currently under 1000 cals a day.

Any help would be much appreciated!

You are eating under 1000 cals a day? *facepalm*

Your goal loss should be set no higher than 0.5lbs a week

You should be eating over 1200 calories a day

Lift heavy to preserve your LBM
  • kellyp640
    Options
    I'm 5'2" & small frame and work out pretty much every day varying workouts with cardio, weight training, Pilates and yoga. I keep my calories @ 1200 and that is working for me. 1000 calories seems too low and your body is probably holding on to every calorie it gets. Play with the macros a bit; lower carb % and increase protein. Just a thought.
  • sapl31
    sapl31 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you eat too little you can actually cause your body to hold weight instead of lose it because basically it is afraid it won't get enough to sustain you. If you have eating less than 1000 calories and burning what 250-400 daily in exercise your body is only getting 600-750 to live on every day. Making good healthy choices and getting up to 1200 a day may help. Also even at 5'3" 116 is in your range and your body may be rebelling against losing any more.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Eating more isn't going to help. Where do people get this nonsense?

You weight loss slows down as you near your goal weight because a lighter body burns fewer calories. A woman should not eat less than 1200, so there is a limit to how large a calorie deficit you can have from calorie reduction alone. To lose weight more quickly, increase the number of calories you are burning.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You're probably eating more than you think if you're not losing eating so little.
  • alexashleigh
    Options
    I am not eating more than I think, I track every calorie including drinks and extra sauces etc and weigh food if unsure. I try to keep calories to 1000 no more and it has been working but recently just seem to be stuck....I just want to get rid of these last 10 pounds its driving me crazy!

I may try increasing calories to 1200 but really don't want to gain anything, so frustrating!
  • alexashleigh
    Options
    Eating more isn't going to help. Where do people get this nonsense?

You weight loss slows down as you near your goal weight because a lighter body burns fewer calories. A woman should not eat less than 1200, so there is a limit to how large a calorie deficit you can have from calorie reduction alone. To lose weight more quickly, increase the number of calories you are burning.

Thanks Timothy I will try increasing this week, I don't want to eat more as I am not starving myself I am very satisfied with my meals. I don't want to cut either as |I worry I would be eating too little.

I think maybe I need to increase my exercising. I might try an hour a day instead of half,
    Thanks for everyones help so far!
  • alexashleigh
    Options
    kellyp640 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2" & small frame and work out pretty much every day varying workouts with cardio, weight training, Pilates and yoga. I keep my calories @ 1200 and that is working for me. 1000 calories seems too low and your body is probably holding on to every calorie it gets. Play with the macros a bit; lower carb % and increase protein. Just a thought.

This is what I will try, thanks very much! I will increase both my calories and workouts and see what benefit that gives.

The thing is I can eat only 700-800 and I am more than satisfied. I just aim to eat the right stuff and don't eat gluten. I may try adding more nuts and fish in see if that helps too!

• alexashleigh
    Options
    IbiH wrote: »

I will give this a try! Many Thanks :)
  • Spocky
    Spocky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    +1 vote on that you should eat 1200 cals a day. I am in a similar boat, I have to lose about 3-4 kg. Good luck!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    When your calories are so low you have no where to go but lower which is what has got you into to trouble. You need to step up your exercise instead.
  • snowy0wl
    snowy0wl Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You need to find your real metabolic rate, you can start by finding a fat scale to find the fat% you have. You are already starting with an 'normal range' in terms of bmi so you are already pushing the limit of what you can do. Women should not going below 25% unless you are getting into fitness (while eating a lot of calories)

Metabolically you are not doing it right @ 1000 your body is running slow so it needs less. I agree with the others should be eating way more. People who can keep weight off consume more calories because they are in the state of high metabolism.

Do high intensity exercises along with properly fueling your body. Take your time.

Find professional trainer with a track record of going beyond your normal set point (if you have a 21-24% bf to begin with.