Sometimes those around us need support

Options
True story.
So I have been exercising and eating better for a few weeks now and as a result I do indeed look trimmer and lost some pounds.
This morning in the kitchen with my sweetie of 25 years and I tell her:
"I love you".
Her reply was: "Well that is a relief".
I smiled and responded: " Why, do you doubt my love for you?"
She says: "Well, the thinner/fitter you get the more worried I get. All these women will be oggling you". (she herself has been struggling with weight issues ever since our third child was born 20 years ago).
My response (said with a smile): "So would you prefer me nice and round and fat but safe at home?"
and of course I reassured her that my love for her does not come with a size restriction, for either one of us.

So next time your hubby or significant other gives you a worried look, remember to reassure them that no matter your size, you shall be there for them. Life is good.

P.S. My wife is awesome, every pound of her:)

Replies

• daffysbird
    daffysbird Posts: 42
    Options
    Awww your so sweet and your right we do need reassuring on occasion x
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    So true, so true. My DH has a few of those feelings too.

Yes, he wants me at a healthy weight but he gets a little insecure at the same time.

We do have to let them know how much we love them every chance we get. Keep right on telling her you love her because that's the one thing we don't need to lose!
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    awww this is very sweet indeed :)
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    So true! Thanks for the reminder :)
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    So glad my wife has joined me on this journey! She is AMAZING!
  • thedons
    thedons Posts: 41
    Options
    my husband isnt overly thrilled or supportive of my weight loss. he would prefer if i was a plus size lady. he worries all the time about someone stealing me away from him, even though i reassure him all the time that there will be no other for me.