Starting the Atkins diet today

Options
Iam starting the Atkins diet today. My goal is to lose 151 pounds.

Replies

• SiggeBjork
    SiggeBjork Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How is it going so far? I´m starting today.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! It is bad for you; too much cholesterol, fat etc. If you want to kick-start the process to getting type 2 diabetes, then carry on...
  • njenkins1977
    njenkins1977 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have started a low carb diet as well. Despite what some people say, I too feel like it truly is the most effective way of losing weight. If you ever need any advice, recipe suggestions, support, etc, please don't hesitate to contact me. I am extremely supportive and a plethora of information regarding this way of eating.

I have several members of my family that used this way of eating to lose a significant amount of weight and keep it off. I have finally accepted that carbs are not my friends and have accepted that I need to lose weight (about 150 pounds) and change my way of life and way of eating.

Based on TONS of research that I have done and just the transformation I have seen from family members success, I know that low carb is the way to go.

Good luck in your journey and I know you can get to your goal! Stay positive!
  • beccimp
    beccimp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started on the 12th January and have lost 8lbs so far! 29lbs altogether from doing counting calories last year. I am full after meals and don't crave sweet things. There has been a lot of temptation to keep away from such as Xmas chocolates etc but I have done it and it seems to agree with me! Someone I know is doing slimming world and is trying to sway me to do it, I've agreed to do it once I'm happy with my weight and want to maintain it but they told me that my body is storing fat, is this true? I exercise regularly.