Anyone got "Rollie belly" success photos??? I need motivation

Options
tamikia87
tamikia87 Posts: 66 Member
Has anyone lost weight that their stomach is very rollie? As in when you look in a mirror you can see your belly button because of the dip inwards where another roll starts. I REALLY would love to see a motivational pic. I feel as though I can never get rid of this and my lower belly is one big roll that hang. What types of exercises did you do to help get rid of it? Any help would be great

Replies

• lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump, I wanna see something about this too, I can never find someone with my exact body type. Trying to get rid of this thing.
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bumpity-bump.
  • tamikia87
    Options
    It seems there isn't many people with this shape :neutral_face:
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Did you mean "when you can't see your bellybutton"? I have that body shape but I have to lose some more before I'll be seeing it again without digging around first. ;) I'm getting there, though!
  • tamikia87
    Options
    I did mean when you Can't!!
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're in the dreaded apple club. :) I'm still working at it.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures, but in response to your question about what kind of exercises you should do to lose the belly rolls...

Weight loss happens in the kitchen. You could do a million crunches a day and still have rolls because you've got too much excess fat. In order to lose fat, you need to eat at a calorie deficit. Exercise is good for you health/fitness, but what you eat matters most when it comes to losing weight. Do whatever exercise you like to do while eating fewer calories than your body is burning daily. That's it.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I think this is called a B shape belly, if you search the forums I have seen other threads with some progress pictures to give you motivation/hope!
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    d515df17-4d87-465d-b543-8117383e66dc_zpseaffeedc.jpg

20150117_092857_zpsf9da74ef.jpg

As you can see I carry most of my weight around my stomach. I've lost 40lbs and 11 inches off my waist. With clothes off my stomach still isn't fantastic, but in clothes it looks reasonable. I've still some weight left too lose but happy with my progress.

As for exercise, I mostly walk, a bit of running, a bit of Deep water exercise, and a bit of weight training. Certainly nothing that targets my stomach, just plain weight loss....
  • tamikia87
    Options
    Wow great loss!! You can see the difference for sure, thanks for the photo to give me some hope
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm in the rollie belly/B shaped belly/apple shaped/big tummy/abdominal obesity club.....whatever you call it, I'm in it. I always gain weight on my belly before anywhere else and even at my adult skinniest (many moons ago at age 28 - 124lbs at 5'5" and UK size 8-10....erm, think that's US 4 - 6?) I could never get my waist below 28" and I had a little tummy. I am now 42, have 2 children and recently weighed in at my adult heaviest on Jan 1st - 181lbs!!!! This put me at a BMI of 30.2 (ie, obese) and shocked me into doing something about it at long last.

So, I've cut out booze, sugar & wheat (these are my biggest triggers/weaknesses and make me overeat) for January and I'm staying at/just under 1200 cals per day, sticking to 3 meals a day (no snacks as I end up grazing & overdoing it) and plenty of exercise (mostly running, walking/hiking, swimming & kickboxing). It was tough at first but I'm used to it now.

So far I've lost 10lbs and it's mainly coming off my tummy (2" off slimmest part of waist/torso, 4" off biggest part of belly/torso- yay!). So, it seems to be working so far. I'm going to continue with the no booze/sugar/wheat thing until Valentines Day then have a 'day off' as my hubby is taking me out for dinner at our favourite restaurant. Then I'm getting right back on my regime until I get to my goal of 140lbs (or less if need be).

I'm really hoping to get to goal before June 3rd as it's my 10 year wedding anniversary. I was about 140lbs (UK size 12, US 8) on my wedding day and I always think of that as my 'best weight' (I got back to that 12 months after each baby....but my babies are aged 5 and 7 now and I gradually gained the extra weight over the last few years).

I took 'before' photos in my underwear (that was quite a shock to my self-deluded eyes) on 1st Jan and will be taking photos on the 1st day of each month to compare progress. When I get to goal, I'll post them!

I'll never have an hourglass figure (and how I envy those who do) but I just want to make the most of what I do have and be as healthy as possible.

We all have a waist in there somewhere - it's just a matter of finding it!

Good Luck!!!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is what you're referring to - but this is mine

6byo8czfg1x3.jpg
  • cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    psych101 wrote: »

6byo8czfg1x3.jpg

Awesome progress! Was there a point when you didn't think it would flatten out ? Hoping for results similar to yours!
  • tamikia87
    Options
    I agree the results are amazing, hope one day mine will flatten out!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

6byo8czfg1x3.jpg

Lifting and eating appropriately FTW! You are incredible!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Here's a thread with what you're asking for (I think): http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10042926/from-big-belly-to-big-success-share-your-pics/p1

Hope that helps :smile:
  • psych101
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

6byo8czfg1x3.jpg

Lifting and eating appropriately FTW! You are incredible!

Couldn't have done it without your advice xx
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! :D
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Omg. Fruit salads and vegetable salads and lean meats and proteins all the way then....oh yeah, and some lifting. ;)

Thanks for all the responses guys :)
  • psych101
    Options
    Lifting and IIFYM for me!

Focus on protein for me, don't care if it's lean or whatever - just make it fit! Oh and chocolate everyday, chocolate always fits
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!