Motivation + Determination + X = Weight Loss. The X Factor is YOU! Looking for friends...

Options
Hey,

So let's see this is probably my 3rd serious attempt at losing weight. I'm 25 and recently moved to Long Island and figured I'm about as ready to make a change in my health as ever. I started at 283 and after 25 days on MFP I'm at 273. I have about 100 more lbs to lose.

I successfully lost over 20lbs on MFP before. My key takeaways were that I need to go slow. This is not a race to the finish line. I am coming from eating breakfast, lunch & dinner at fast food restaurants. My caloric intake was probably toppling 4000 calories most days. My beverage of choice was Coca-Cola and water was non-existent in my thirst regime. So I'm not looking to cut out bad foods right away. I cut down on how much of the bad stuff I eat and as I go along in my journey I make healthier choices. Right now, I still drink soda and will go to fast food places but I try to make it work with my calorie goal.

The other main thing was I had a support system on MFP. I looked forward to doing good and getting praised on this site. I don't really get that from family so it's nice to have friends who really want to see you succeed. I'm a great friend too and will support you in you're lifelong journey ahead.

So with that being said I am looking for some friends who will make this journey a little more bearable. Add me and we can dive deep into weight loss :)

Replies

• kristingolden68
    kristingolden68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I liked your post. I am looking to lose 90 pounds and the task seems daunting most days. I am trying to take it slow as well. Getting motivation to go the gym is my biggest struggle. Hope we can encourage each other!
    Kristin
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,790 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley and Kristin!

I love your posts! I've lost 40 pounds through MFP... But gained 20 back from not tracking what I eat...and not moving enough.

Today is a new day...a fresh start... Like you both said, it's not a race...it's a commitment to feeling better. I'm 44 and I have 50 pounds to lose.

Jill
  • Hi, congratulations on your weight loss. I just signed up and am also looking for friends who will offer support and encouragement on my weight loss journey.. as I would do the same for them and offer encouragement & support with their weight loss journey. I have heard many times before that individuals who have some type of support with their weight loss loose more weight than individuals who don't have any kind of support. I don't have any support. This is my fourth attempt to loose weight and I have over 100 lbs to loose. The thought of how much weight I need to loose is so depressing at times. I feel we have similar eating/drinking habits... I eat mostly fast food and drink soda... more soda than I should. I'm going to add you.. I hope we can be friends and dive deep into weight loss together lol
  • soloseis
    Options
    Hey! Im 26, and am looking to lose around 30-40 pounds. I used MFP many years ago to lose about 10 pounds, and came back to it once I realized I couldn't freestyle this weightloss thing. LOL. I would love to connect and share!

I needs (yes, with an s) the motivation!
  • ashleylpage__
    ashleylpage__ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Any more friends? Lol

Thanks for adding me guys
  • Vivj3
    Vivj3 Posts: 4
    Options
    Girl, I feel ya! Let's support eachother!
  • Nessa_the_Wild
    Options
    Congrats on your success. I'd love to be part of your online support system.
  • bronzeambition
    bronzeambition Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We have similar starting weights and goal weights! I started around 280 pounds and am now at 256 pounds and would like to lose about another 100 pounds. I sent you a friend request! Anyone else, feel free to add me :)