T25 workouts by Shaun T

Options
Hi all,
As part of my get fit not fat campaign :s I am currently doing the T25 workout programme which I love! However, I find that the fitness calculator on my diary page doesn't offer suitable fitness exercises and wonder if anyone out there has any idea how many calories each session burns. Perhaps it would be a useful if MFP could add these regimes to the exercise list.

Anyone out there who can share other short-blast, high intensity workouts to the list of T25?

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Either "Aerobics, High Impact" or "Calisthenics, vigorous" (depending on which workout) will get you in the ballpark. And since everyone is a little different, ballpark is really the best you can hope for anyway.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Way to go on starting T25! I'd like to try that workout in 2015 too :)

Your calorie burn will highly depend on how hard you work out during T25. When I do my Insanity workouts, I log them as Circuit Training and it's pretty close to my heart rate monitor but even then, its just an estimate. I always try and save 1/2 my exercise calories so that I don't overeat as well.

Hope that helps :)
  • sjaschob
    sjaschob Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started T25 today and was looking for something close as well. I've heard a lot about Les Mills GRIT, which is in the MFP database, but am not sure if the two programs are similar enough to use GRIT as a calorie estimate. It's a High Intensity Interval class that lasts about 30 minutes, but unfortunately my gym doesn't offer it so I haven't been able to test how similar to T25 it actually is. Maybe someone on MFP knows?
  • caraodonnell
    caraodonnell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started T25 as well - depending on the workout - I've logged as aerobics or kickboxing (including turbo jam), because the Speed 1.0 workout reminded me quite a bit of a turbo jam/turbo fire workout.
  • jaymvita
    jaymvita Posts: 5,787 Member
    Options
    Our virtual workout group just got done with T25 Alpha and Beta and we just used Aerobics High Impact to log it. We just started Insanity Max:30 and since I was in the test group for the program, I used my FuelBand to log the calories burned and it typically averaged between 350-400 depending on the workout over the 30 minutes. We're only on Day 2 so we're calibrating as we go.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I log everything as cardio and set them up myself as each program and use the HRM. I'm pretty short, so any estimates I've done otherwise seem to be pretty far off.

Good luck! T25 is great!
  • Stosha2319
    Stosha2319 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm doing T25 as well and find it difficult to get an accurate calorie count. My FitBit has been very helpful. So I use the "Circuit Training" to log and it's pretty close to my burn. I hope this has helped some.

Good luck on your journey! I love T25!
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I bought a heart rate monitor (Polar FT7) and depending on the day (whichever exercise you're on) I burned between 280-380.. I was 5'4" and 146 lbs when I started the program though...
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Gamma part of T25? I'm just wondering if I should purchase it as well. I don't enter my T25 workouts into MFP since my fitbit adds calories to mfp automatically. I don't usually eat them back anyways.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Get a HRM.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    tjames30 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Gamma part of T25? I'm just wondering if I should purchase it as well. I don't enter my T25 workouts into MFP since my fitbit adds calories to mfp automatically. I don't usually eat them back anyways.

If you liked the barbell work in Beta, you'll love Gamma.