Losing weight for my wedding! Any one else in the same boat?

Options
Hi beautiful people. I'm Ana. I've been a 'big girl' my whole life and am well over it! I am lucky enough to have the most amazing man that loves me no matter what but I find it hard to keep up with his active life. Plus I am getting married in 14 months! Photos last a lifetime and I do not want to be the big girl in the pictures.
I would love to chat to some people that are working towards their wedding or towards getting out of the big girl category.
Things I struggle with the most are emotional eating, boredom eating and lack of energy. Any tips on how to kerb these would be much appreciated :)
Take care people and keep on truckin'!

Replies

• pushsend
    pushsend Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am getting married may 31.... I have 4 months and a minimum of 14 pounds to drop! I am motivated and excited for my body in just 4 months!!! Would love to work towards our goal together :)
  • skillet1997
    Options
    I'm getting married in October wanting to lose at least 20lbs!!
  • skinnyforcruise2013
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm getting married in June 2016, plenty of time for me to lose 30+ lbs right? I just need some motivation some days!
  • jgrubb2011
    jgrubb2011 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    While I'm not even engaged yet, I've got a long way to go to get to where I'd like to be for a wedding and I know it's coming within the next couple years... it's a key motivator for me that I don't want to shop for a "plus sized" dress.

I have always been a "big girl" who emotionally eats and eats when bored. I've never had energy to do the things I've dreamed of. One big things that's helped me get started is water.. lots of water. Anytime I think I'm hungry I grab a glass of water and drink that first. then if I'm still feeling hungry in an hour I'll find a fruit of veggie to munch on.
  • shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for motivation and support. I am down 130 pounds in one year.
  • scouevh
    Options
    I am getting married this summer, saw photos of myself when we went home last summer to celebrate our engagement, and couldn't believe it. I didn't even recognize myself. First time full body photos in years *GULP* at my heaviest weight ever!!

I got home, started MFP and using our elliptical 3-5 times per week. Now I'm just about done my first round of Insanity and I am down 27 lb with 8 more to go!! (27 may not seem like a lot to some, but on a 5' frame it is!)

Most important thing to remember is that - it doesn't matter how well 'this meal plan, that workout regime, or any schedule' works for everyone else... If you don't commit to it/love it it will not work for you. Figure out what you enjoy doing and it makes it WAY easier!! Also, don't get discouraged if you slip here and there YOU'RE HUMAN!!!. Make it a lifestyle change, something you're committed to for the rest of your life and believe that if you do slip, you can wake up tomorrow and try again. :)
  • yellowcupcakes
    yellowcupcakes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next fall (we haven't set a date yet, I'm not enthusiastic about planning it anyway) and I'm looking to lose at least 70 pounds. While I'm no longer at my heaviest (thank goodness) it's still a struggle for me.
  • ScalySquash50
    Options
    This is me exactly! Getting married Feb 2016 and I'm hoping to lose 14 more pounds at least by then. That's my current goal and since I haven't been that small since like junior high I don't really know where my "perfect weight" is!

I've been wanting to get in shape for a while now and the wedding date gives me a great concrete goal to work towards. Please add me, I'm on every day, and LOVE talking to people and totally find keeping in touch with people on here makes a world of difference!

So far as boredom/emotional eating, that is me to a tee! My biggest issue is that I LOVE to bake (not cook, bake) and when I was really stressed or my depression was getting the best of me, I would make a bowl full of cookie dough, bake half of it and just eat the rest :S First thing I did was get easy to grab stuff out of the apartment. My fiancé and I are absolutely the type who if its their we will eat it, we aren't capable of portion control, or at least weren't, so accept that and avoid temptation!

I find having bananas in the house have made the biggest difference for me for being hungry in between meals or feeling tired. I'm the type that if I skip a meal, I get super sick (shaky, headache, naseaua, the whole thing) but if I grab a banana that isn't an issue at all!
  • kemp1055
    Options
    Getting married in June. It's coming quick! Gained an extra 15 or so over the last year. Would like to have it gone by the wedding. But, also I refuse to feel guilty about my body on my wedding day. Anyone else feel the same? Working hard. Keep up the good work everyone :)
  • johanna306
    johanna306 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in August, and my goal is to lose 20 pounds. :smile:
  • erowell3192
    erowell3192 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a bridesmaid in a wedding in April 2016, which will also be right before my 10 year high school reunion. I work in an office and behind a desk 8+ hours a day. I started at 210, 2 years ago, lost 30 lbs and plateaued, but maintained. I'd love to lose 30 more before the wedding and my reunion. Good luck everyone!!
  • k_stump_13
    k_stump_13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose some weight before my wedding. The date is 9/12/15! It is coming up so fast I can't even believe it! My dress is being ordered in March, so ideally I would have to lose the majority of my weight by then. The dress is also a corset style so it can be adjusted and I think alterations are able to make it 2 sizes smaller as well. I'm hoping to be down to be down to around 230lbs by my wedding ( so about another 50lbs to lose). We just got our engagement pictures back and all I could do was stare at was my double chin!!! I hated the way I looked in every picture. Photographers aren't cheap and if I'm going to pay all that money to have my wedding pics done, the least I can do is make myself look healthy.
  • AnaBanana85
    Options
    Wow I cannot believe the responses I have received! Thanks so much for your words of encouragement and wisdom. Sounds like there is plenty of us working towards the same goal. Let's do this people!