Trying and failing to lose. #frustratedfemale

Options
I do 50 minutes of cardio/strength training 3-5x each week and eat pretty healthy yet I haven't lost anything-- Im going to Mexico at the end of April and I really want to hit my goal before then. Not sure what I'm doing wrong- help!

Replies

• clf1284
    clf1284 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? Muscle weighs more than fat!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring everything you consume? A food scale will be your best friend during weight Loss.
    What are your stats and how many calories are you eating daily? How much weight do you have to lose?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    When you say your are eating healthy does that mean you are eating in a calorie deficit?
  • FitRican
    FitRican Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    iliajones, it's impossible to give you advice with the information you are providing. Do you how many calories you need to consume to mainatin your weight? Do you how many calories are you eating? Whitout this information will be difficult for you to manage weight loss. There are many free Caloric Intake Calculators in the Internet. Get this information and we will be able to help.

• cascadeorchids
    cascadeorchids Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a horrible time losing, but it can be done. For me, 1200 calories of very low fat, high fiber, no
    gmo or pesticide laden veggies (check
    ewg.org) That translates into brown & wild rice, beans, lentils, other good grains, no wheat, no sugar etc. I did Jillian Michaels workouts & diet for 2 years and finally lost 40 lbs.
    Fogure out what is really stopping weight loss, don't make excuses for yourself because you are doing a few good things. It's all the way or no results for some of us.
  • rachelrivera850
    Options
    how long have you been exercising and trying to lose weight, I started about 3 weeks back and gained 3lbs at first, but now I am starting to lose it, I lost 3o lbs last year and the same thing I am trying to do this year, the 1st 4wks you exercise most people will usually see little results, but keep it up and continue eating healthy and if you are on diet and trying to lose try a 1200-1500 diet, you don't want ur body to get used to anything one day eat 1500 calories the next 1200, just mix up ur calorie intake day to day. Same thing with your workouts mix it up, you want to keep your body confused and try to eat something every 3 hours at least. I am working with a personal trainer also, so I can share tips that I learn. I hope some of that helps Good Luck! I am trying to get into a size 5/6 by june! I wear a 12/13 now so I have 35-55lbs to lose to get there! Good Luck once again, hope you get to your goal!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh all your food and hit your calorie goal?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Are you weighing all your food on a food scale and logging everything?

When I open these threads the first thing I read is "I'm exercising and eating healthy". To lose weight you have to eat at a deficit. Not only is it possible to not lose weight exercising and eating "healthy", it's possible to GAIN weigh doing these things if you're still eating more than your TDEE.
  • Prfectten
    Prfectten Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Two things:
    1) You are likely consuming far more calories then you think you are. Like Thorsmom05 said, a food scale is an amazing way to make sure you're only eating 4 oz of chicken instead of 6 or 8!
    2) You are also likely over estimating the amount of exercise you're doing/calories burned. Stick to the calorie calculation that Myfitnesspal (or another calculator) gave you without entering any of your workouts. If you add in your workouts then the app will give you "bonus" calories, which will slow down your progress.

You can do this!
  • MplsJones
    Options
    I do measurements every 2 weeks so I will this weekend. I hope it's muscle!
  • MplsJones
    Options
    I don't weigh my food but I do track calories. I've been told to up my protein and lower carbs. I'm a vegetarian so that has proven somewhat difficult. @c
  • arditarose
    Options
    iliajones wrote: »

It won't be muscle in a calorie deficit. You need a surplus for that.
    I don't weigh my food but I do track calories. I've been told to up my protein and lower carbs. I'm a vegetarian so that has proven somewhat difficult. @c

You have to weigh your food. Get a scale, give it two weeks, and let us know your progress.
  • MplsJones
    Options
    I'm eating 1200 calories daily: 40% protein/ 30% carbs /30% fat
  • zoeysasha37
    Options

There's your problem right there!!#
  • arditarose
    Options
    I'm eating 1200 calories daily: 40% protein/ 30% carbs /30% fat

You don't know that unless you're weighing your food. But also, how long have you been tracking? More than two weeks?
  • arditarose
    Options
    If you open your diary we can give you a bit more help too.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Get a food scale. Weigh and measure everything! Your likely eating more then you think. You'll be shocked once you start to weigh things, portions are very different then what we assume.
    There's no reason to cut carbs unless you have a medical condition
    Until you weigh your food, there's no way of knowing if your eating at a deficit or not.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options

If you are really at a deficit then its not muscle.
    If your eating at a surplus, then it could be.
  • vsummersgill
    vsummersgill Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What's working for me is clean eating - no processed foods, dairy, gluten along with 2 Zumba classes a week and crossfit once a week (plus short daily workouts) good luck! x
  • slomo22
    slomo22 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    stop hash tagging and you'll see results