Need serious accountabilibuddy :D

Options
imjustsarah
imjustsarah Posts: 4
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all,

Not really new here... have had an account for years, but doing all this without transparency and support just isn't working for me. I'm not really one to ask for help and it's generally difficult for me to accept it (I'm working on that).

I realize that lack of accountability and discipline is what's holding me back... and I don't want to be kept down any longer. I don't think this is going to be easy, but I'm up for the challenge.

Congrats to all the beginners that are posting on the forum and thanks to everyone else for sharing your strength, hope, and support.

- Sarah

Replies

• ROFLwaffle82
    ROFLwaffle82 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah. I've been doing this for about three months, although I only recently added the app. My goal is to lose 86 lbs by vacation in June and I've lost 45 so far. 41 to go. I'm always looking for friends to encourage and seek encouragement from. Feel free to add me. Take care.
  • imjustsarah
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! My goal is to lost 50 lbs in order to bring me back to my healthy weight range. I have sat at about 190 lbs for years -- basically unable to break below that. What are some things that have worked for you during this process?

Thanks for the reply!
  • thoney252015
    Options
    Hello, my name is Teri Honeysuckle, im new to all of this. Ive decided I need to make a change in my life to be healthy and lose weight. Right now I weigh 245. Its the most ive weighed since I was little; before I had my son I fluctuated between 185 and 190. Ive always been heavy set since I was very little. When i was around 8 years old I started eating junk food and never had anyone tell me it wasnt okay. My mother didnt care and just let me eat all the food I wanted. By the time I was 10, I weighed 310lbs. It was not easy. I hated myself, my life was a wreck, having an acoholic mother who was never home, being bullied at school all the time and having no friends. One day, after being home alone for 2 weeks by myself, my drunk mother finally came home still drunk. She didnt even remember who I was, I was so tired of being neglected so I called 911 and got taken to fostercare. That day changed my life forever! My foster parents taught me everything, at that point I didn't even know I was a girl, they showed me how to clean and take care of myself, they taught me how to be healthy and eat healthy! They motivated me to get involved in sports and be more active. For a few years I got involved in track, cheerleading and weight lifting competitions, I lose some weight but stayed thick but yet I was toned and healthy! I felt so good about myself. Once I aged out of fostercare, I often exercised and dieted but I guess I just had too much on my plate that I gave up every time. Food is my enemy. Once I met my husband, had a baby and got married, a lot of stressful and depressing things have happened to where I just shut down, and let myself go. I want to get back my health and my energy and to finally feel what its like to be skinny. I am starting today!!!! I WONT GIVE UP! IM NOT GOING TO LET ANYTHING STOP ME!
  • shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am down 130 pounds in a year. I understand the need for support and accountability partners
  • imjustsarah
    Options
    @thoney252015‌ thanks for sharing your story. I agree, don't give up... don't let anything stop you! :)

@shfoster0721‌ That's wonderful growth! Great job! Thanks.
  • HeartyHealthy
    HeartyHealthy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sarah I also had an account here and started with good intentions around two years ago. I strolled back in here yesterday and I mean business! I am at around 193 (first thing in the am weight) and that is about where I was the previous time. All on a 5'3 ft frame. I have a heart arrhythmia/afib issue that has steadily gotten worse. I also know my family history and know good and well that the biggest part of the stuff I take in is not real food it is not good fuel and it can in NO WAY make me feel better. I have been busy looking up my ideal body weight, body mass and the calorie intake it will take me to get there. Let's Do This!!
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I took a break for weight watchers and I realized that changing a program isn't going to change me. I'm back to MFP and have finally found my motivation. I lost 70lbs in 2012 (I think I still have pics in my profile) but gained everything +15lbs with my recent pregnancy. I went through pretty severe post partum depression and anxiety and unfortunately used food as a self medication. But I'm ready to do this again. I'm sick of being this weight, feeling so tired and being unhealthy. I've been on MFP for years. Best of luck to you!
  • chanalooloo
    Options
    sooo excited to see if i can be my ideal weight!!!!
  • imjustsarah
    Options
    Thank you all for letting me in to your life... being vulnerable can be difficult and I applaud all of you for sharing your struggles with me!

@HeartyHealthy‌ I understand your struggle to some extent. I am about 190 now and 5ft 4... I have COPD, and a range of icky health issues from many accounts of diabetes to cancer running in my family. Over the last few months, I have changed my diet to mostly vegan with some vegetarian days in there... I have always been a picky eater... so this hasn't been the easiest thing in the world. I ate my first salad last week and it wasn't half bad (was a challenge finding things I liked). Your motivation is awesome! :)

@missyjg99‌ Depression and anxiety can be hard things to battle; I'm glad you're here! Hopefully, we can all help each other and get our healthy lives under control!

@chanalooloo‌ Yay for excitement!

Thanks again!!
  • brooklyn076
    brooklyn076 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • godilup
    godilup Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've always struggled with my weight, and right now I'm at a point in my life where I want to take things in control. Yes, I still do make mistakes - but seriously, I think I also need help and someone who knows what I'm going through! So please! Lets be accountabilibuddies! Add me up :)