I dont know where this topic would go...Help!

Options
Is there any way one can copy what they ate for dinner into lunch easily...I know there are the quick tools for specific categories from the same meal...ie..dinner or lunch, but not a quick tool to add checked into lunch or breakfast. A lot of times I eat leftovers from dinner for lunch the next day and don't want to re-enter everything. Can anyone help with this

Replies

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Can you save what you ate previously as a meal? That way, when you go to log eating leftovers for the next day, all you would need to do is go to "add food", then "meals" and check the checkbox of the meal you want and then adjust the portions once everything shows up in your diary.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I usually just copy yesterday's dinner into today's dinner and then go into each item and change the time period to lunch.
  • chette78
    chette78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    you can save but its not in the right category....I can save dinner...buts its only in dinner.
  • chette78
    chette78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    please explain? "time period?"
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I go under recent entries and select the option to show "All Meals" instead of just lunch. Then I just check the boxes for what I'm eating and add it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    I go under recent entries and select the option to show "All Meals" instead of just lunch. Then I just check the boxes for what I'm eating and add it.

This is what I do too. I agree that it would be nice if we could just use quick tools to copy to another meal though!
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    On the Web version, there is not a direct way to do it, but there should be.

An alternate method is to click Quick Tools > Remember Meal and give it a Name, such as "Dinner 01.26.2015" - it can be temporary because it can be deleted later.
    Navigate to the different Meal where you want to copy it.
    Click Add Food > Meals tab, check the box next to the Name you gave it, such as "Dinner 01.26.2015," and click Add Checked.
    If you then want to delete it from your My Meals list, navigate to FOOD > My Meals, highlight the Name you gave it and click Delete Selected Meal.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I save it as a meal. Then I can add it wherever.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    chette78 wrote: »
    please explain? "time period?"

Once you have copied the "meal" to the day you want. Click on each line one by one and you can change the meal status. For example from dinner to lunch. I do it with left overs 2 or 3 times a week.