Waldrn Farms products~ any opinions?

Options
I found a website in Weight Watchers magazine for Walden Farms which boasts dressings and other various spreads that are calorie free, sugar free, and fat free. They have a buy one get one free deal in the magazine so I ordered 2 salad dressings, peanut spread, and raspberry jam. I'm curious if anyone has ever tried their stuff before??? If so, did you think it was worth the purchase? Thanks

Replies

• Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I found a website in Weight Watchers magazine for Walden Farms which boasts dressings and other various spreads that are calorie free, sugar free, and fat free. They have a buy one get one free deal in the magazine so I ordered 2 salad dressings, peanut spread, and raspberry jam. I'm curious if anyone has ever tried their stuff before??? If so, did you think it was worth the purchase? Thanks

I bought 2 of their products ONCE. It was a fruit spread and a salad dressing. They went into the garbage can after the first serving. YUCK!! Maybe someone else will say they liked it. I own't buy it ever again.
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Walden Farms was recommended by a fellow MFP member. I tried the ranch and didn't care for it. However, the thousand island dressing and the bacon ranch are great. Haven't tried any other products. For me it was worth the purchase. The local grocery store carries the line of dressings. Right now they are on sale for $2.50/bottle.

Good luck.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have used that salad dressing several times. I like it. You really can't tell, in my opinion, that it is calorie, carb, fat, and gluten free. Give it a try. It is pricey but so worth it.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I've used the Maple Syrup which is ok. Everything else I've tried tastes like caulk. And I'm not trying to be dirty and cheeky here by using a word that kind of sounds like another one, I mean it literally tastes like repair sealant.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Vile, disgusting, jars of chemicals. If you can get past the texture and smell and to actually taste the items you are a brave, brave soul. I am forever sorry that any money from my pocket went to that company. Sadly, I had already tossed my receipt or I would have definitely been contacting them about their satisfaction guarantee.
  • orangebella
    orangebella Posts: 10
    Options
    I actually tried one of their dressings and it was gross. Buy balsamic vinaigrette dressing and just use it very lightly :)
  • lornainak
    lornainak Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Vile, disgusting, jars of chemicals. If you can get past the texture and smell and to actually taste the items you are a brave, brave soul. I am forever sorry that any money from my pocket went to that company. Sadly, I had already tossed my receipt or I would have definitely been contacting them about their satisfaction guarantee.

I agree, jars of chemicals... no taste whatsoever...eww will never go back
  • 1ArmyMom1
    1ArmyMom1 Posts: 94
    Options
    Thank you all... probably should have asked the question BEFORE I placed the order. LOL!!!
  • VickieMW
    VickieMW Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hey I hope you check back because the Blue Cheese is really good. The Honey Mustand is okay and I actually used it to make Chicken Salad and that was awesome. I have many friends who say the Raspberry Vinegrette is awesome!!! Try it! and use your own judgement.

I think people can just say they don't like something without being so mean. :flowerforyou:
  • TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I bought quite a variety of their things as well, honey mustard I can't stand has a chalky taste, but the thousand island is ok in a small amount. The barbecue sauce is good, after the first time. But honestly my favorites from them are the fruit dips, I constantly have the chocolate and caramel fruit dips for my apples and strawberries. Fantastic!
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    What do they actually have in them as far as ingredients?? Sounds weird...
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    You can't copy and paste the ingredients that come up since they're part of the image, but you can see the info for all of their products here: http://www.waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html#

And I'm sorry if my post seemed "mean", but I literally gagged when I opened up the jar of marshmallow dip and the smell hit me. I actually had to slam the lid back on because I honestly felt like I was going to throw up. And when the hubby didn't believe that it was really that bad, he opened it and took a big, deep, whiff of it and had the same reaction, to the point of having to cough back the upchuck urge. So they get a pretty big vote on the nasty and disgusting side from me. *shrug*