30 lbs lost, took me 9 months

Options
30lbslost.jpg

The picture on the left really opened up my eyes. And so I got serious, I made a few plans, made even more mistakes, and here I am, still chugging along.

Thanks for all the support along the way =)

Replies

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!

You are tall? You look tall...
  • SashaSpells
    SashaSpells Posts: 86
    Options
    You look fabulous!

Yup, 6'2"
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    wow. you weren't even heavy at all to begin with! but congrats on your weight loss you look so good!!
  • Gabby215
    Gabby215 Posts: 69
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Proof that slow and steady wins the race - very inspiring and thanks for posting :)
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    Congrats to you! :drinker:
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You look Fabulous! Very happy ...and Very Beautiful too! Nicely done!
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    wow you didn't look like you had 30lb to loose but you look amazing now, well done :bigsmile:
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!

Yup, 6'2"
    i'm 6 ft 1" and am very overweight - would love to get down a wee bit
    you looked great anyway, but fantastic in your most recent pic

congrats!!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Great job....you look awesome :flowerforyou:
  • ReadySara
    ReadySara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    How did you lose it, what are your tricks?
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    How did you lose it, what are your tricks?

i'm going to throw out a huge guess of good choices and perhaps some exercise
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You look great. Taking it off slow like that will help you maintain the healthy habits you have started!
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Looking good...fantastic job.
  • SashaSpells
    Options
    I followed Winston Churchill's advice to 'never, never, never give up'. Not even when I was stuck at 174 for almost two months. Not even when I had a bad day, weekend, or week. Not even when people told me I was already skinny, or obsessed....I gained those thirty lbs a few months after competing in a weight-loss competition last April, which my team won, and I lost 9 lbs in the 35 days of the contest. Problem was, I did it by overexercising and eating too few calories, and so when the competition was up and I returned to my "normal" eating habits, I gained those ten lbs back and then twenty more over the summer. August came and I was disgusted with myself, and I did the diet pill, starve yourself and binge the next day approach for a couple months, which left me frustrated and still not where I wanted to be, where I knew a HEALTHY me could, and should be. And so I finally buckled down and did it the right way, figured out what my maintenance calories are (2300), what my BMR is (1600ish) and made sure to eat somewhere in between, MOST days. I also workout 5-6 days a week, comprised of one or two good hard runs where my HR stays up between 80-90 percent of my max the entire time, two or three days of circuit training where my HR is usually between 55-65 percent of my max, and fill in the rest with moderate cardio, 60-75 percent of my max.

If you don't know what a BMR is, or what yours is, find it out, figure it out, and try not to go under it very often, if ever. That's my best advise. Best of luck everyone!!!
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!

Yup, 6'2"

Six what?!!! :noway: Lookin' good...
  • SashaSpells
    Options

Well, 6'2 and 1/2 if you want to be technical; but us tall girls like to round DOWN not up, makes us less intimidating. Right? Right. Lol.
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Well, 6'2 and 1/2 if you want to be technical; but us tall girls like to round DOWN not up, makes us less intimidating. Right? Right. Lol.

Nah, not intimidated, I rock high heels... :wink:
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Not only do you look GREAT!......... You look as if you've gained a ton of self confidence! Great job!!! :drinker:
  • Betheroo
    Betheroo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for posting that it took you 9 months. I need to hear that from time to time, so I don't get fed up with how slow the journey can be.
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing. I'm so jealous! you look skinnier than I do now at 198 and I weigh 151. Then again I'm 5'6 haha. But still, great job (:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!