Nutribullet

Options
very interested in some of your favorite smoothie recipes! Post below, also... If you've done any cleanses? I'd love to hear what you did and how you maintained that.. I've been wanting to but I find myself very intimidated by the whole thing

Replies

• chanalooloo
    Options
    instead of making a grilled cheese with bread, make it an omlette with cheese and tomato sauce. just dont use too much oil!!!!!

i loooove making it...

its really easy on my stomach...
  • KayFitz611
    Options
    ^ I think you might have replied to the wrong post. I'm looking for smoothie recipes/cleanse advice.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Cleanses aren't necessary. That's what your kidneys and liver are for. If you like smoothies, there are tons of recipes online. Here is my favorite protein calorie bomb.

1 frozen banana
    1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
    2 tablespoons of peanut butter
    2 table spoons of greek yogurt
    8oz milk of your choice
    3 ice cubes

50-60 grams of protein.
    650-700 cals or so.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I keep peeled bananas in a bag in my freezer for smoothies. I usually just throw it in with some almond milk and protein shake powder. Sometimes I add Greek yogurt for more protein or for creaminess. I also have some "chocolate greenfood" that I add sometimes. If I'm feeling really frisky, I'll add frozen blueberries or raspberries as well. That's the extent of my smoothie making.

But I do use my cheap generic Nutribullet knockoff to make my own nut butters as well.
  • KayFitz611
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Cleanses aren't necessary. That's what your kidneys and liver are for. If you like smoothies, there are tons of recipes online. Here is my favorite protein calorie bomb.

1 frozen banana
    1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
    2 tablespoons of peanut butter
    2 table spoons of greek yogurt
    8oz milk of your choice
    3 ice cubes

50-60 grams of protein.
    650-700 cals or so.

I will give this a try! I like the idea of adding more protein! I've been looking for ways to do! What kind of peanut butter would you suggest? Also... What's your reason for freezing the banana?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Freezing the banana just keeps it more smoothi'ish. I use Nuts N More peanut butter but you could use anything I would guess.
  • audsLDN
    audsLDN Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas and a little bit of almond milk for a froyo type dessert. I add berries or peanut butter for extra flavour. That's my favourite thing to do with my Nutribullet so far. I prefer juices to smoothies but the Nutribullet is an excellent tool for other things.
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    @KayFitz611 what are your goals? That will help determine what the best kind of smoothie / protein shake you should go for. If you are trying to gain weight vs lose weight, etc.