Not Again!

Options
Hey there! I am a 23 year old mother of a 17 month old little girl and a 7 week old little boy. I have been a stay at home mom since my daughter was 9 months old. When I met my hubby I was 20 years old and 200lbs (Lowest weight ever!). It took me about 9 months to go from 320lbs to 200lbs. After my 2nd pregnancy I was the heaviest I had ever been, 340lbs. I have been so depressed over this. I hate the way I feel. I know I can change this for me and my babies.

Glad to meet you all and hope this time I can stick to it and get down to a healthy weight.

Replies

• susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi ,you will get tons of support on here its brilliant ,feel free to add me if you ike :)
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    Great support here. Feel free to friend me if you like. It is fabulous that you have lost 29 pounds so far! Keep it up.
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I wish you well on your weight loss! There is much support on here. Feel free to friend me.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck to you! This site is awesome. You can do it!!!
  • mehlen
    mehlen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just started this week. I have done lots of weight things before and they were all about what I "Can't" "Shouldn't" etc. This site has provided me a tool to say...here's what I ate...here's what I did...and if I think I should make a change that day or the next...I can. After 2 bouts of cancer and having to give up so much...this time it's about me making choices...not someone else telling me what I should do. I mean really...I have to figure out what I'm realistically putting in before I can realistically make a decision about what to change. One thing I found so far is I'm under hitting my calories for what I'm taking in...but I fell like I'm eating like a horse. When you don't eat enough, your metabolism slows down...and you struggle to lose weight. Being on my cancer meds...my metabolism is already slowed down from the meds...so I really should make sure I get enough calories each day so my body doesn't shut down further.

So far...this first week...I'm finding this is more often the case...which surprised me. So instead of filling up with garbage...I'm finding heathy options to fill those extra calories I need...I'm not feeling hungry and I'm enjoying what I'm eating...so perhaps it's good choices.

Add me if you want. We can do this together.
  • stephanie_m
    stephanie_m Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all and get fit together! =)

Also if anyone wants to friend me you are more than welcome. I can use all the support and friendship I can get!
  • stephanie_m
    Options
    I just started this week. I have done lots of weight things before and they were all about what I "Can't" "Shouldn't" etc. This site has provided me a tool to say...here's what I ate...here's what I did...and if I think I should make a change that day or the next...I can. After 2 bouts of cancer and having to give up so much...this time it's about me making choices...not someone else telling me what I should do. I mean really...I have to figure out what I'm realistically putting in before I can realistically make a decision about what to change. One thing I found so far is I'm under hitting my calories for what I'm taking in...but I fell like I'm eating like a horse. When you don't eat enough, your metabolism slows down...and you struggle to lose weight. Being on my cancer meds...my metabolism is already slowed down from the meds...so I really should make sure I get enough calories each day so my body doesn't shut down further.

So far...this first week...I'm finding this is more often the case...which surprised me. So instead of filling up with garbage...I'm finding heathy options to fill those extra calories I need...I'm not feeling hungry and I'm enjoying what I'm eating...so perhaps it's good choices.

Add me if you want. We can do this together.

You are so courageous hun. Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely in with ya.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    "Glad to meet you all and hope this time I can stick to it and get down to a healthy weight. "

^^^...and STAY there! We know you can do it because you've done it before! Welcome and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • stephanie_m
    Options
    "Glad to meet you all and hope this time I can stick to it and get down to a healthy weight. "

^^^...and STAY there! We know you can do it because you've done it before! Welcome and good luck! :flowerforyou:

Definitely!!! :bigsmile:
  • lupuslady
    lupuslady Posts: 99
    Options
    You can do it. Walk with your precious babies, and remember it is a slooooow progress next yr you will try and be 80-100 lbs lighter...

good Luck, and
    god bless
  • texaslady9376
    Options
    good luck with everything..i too am a stay at home mom and find it difficult at times to stay on track,but it's worth it..