How many calories on this plate?

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If only there were some type of calorie counting website with a vast database of foods and their associated nutritional information...
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Eleventy bazillion.
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If only there were some type of calorie counting website with a vast database of foods and their associated nutritional information...

I KNOW RIGHT?

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    730 in my normal fry-up, if that's any help (2 bacon, 1 Lorne, 1 tattie scone, beans, toast, butter and fat)

:o forgot the egg. 1 egg.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options

LOL

/thread.
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options

:#

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I'd guess around 1000 - but without knowing what type of sausage, how much fat used for the fried bread, what was added to the beans, how big that plate is, etc. it's really hard to guess.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I assume this is just an eyeball test. Because, you're not always in a situation to look up calories.

I came up with 1410 - 500 for the Bread, 350 for Hash Browns, 200 for beans, 80 for egg,100 for bacon, 180 for sausage.

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Probably my entire daily allotment lol. 1000-1200 at a mental tally.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I assume this is just an eyeball test. Because, you're not always in a situation to look up calories.

I came up with 1410 - 500 for the Bread, 350 for Hash Browns, 200 for beans, 80 for egg,100 for bacon, 180 for sausage.

100 calories for a slice of bacon?
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Fried bread? Never heard of such a thing. Where would you find this?
  • 3laine75
    Options
    Didn't realise it was fried bread, that's a whole different ball game - I'm going to guess 1200+.

Glad you posted this thread, I know what I'm having for dinner now :)
  • 3laine75
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

100 calories for a slice of bacon?
    Yes, we have back bacon, not streakyoyggvfxv7hyc.jpg

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »

The UK. And it's amazingly good. And I'm not sure how they end up with almost creamy sausages, but they're also amazing. As are black and white pudding. And haggis is awesome too. I need to get back to the UK...
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

The UK. And it's amazingly good. And I'm not sure how they end up with almost creamy sausages, but they're also amazing. As are black and white pudding. And haggis is awesome too. I need to get back to the UK...

Ah. I'm in the US. So... you just put bread in a pan with oil and fry it? Any toppings?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Ah. I'm in the US. So... you just put bread in a pan with oil and fry it? Any toppings?

Most people seem to spread their beans on their toast (going by the other people I've seen in the hotels; I'm in the US too). It's really good on its own like toast, but also good when you put the bacon and egg on it like a sandwich. It really ends up being similar to toast but crispier; the oil is like butter, although likely more of it. Although my mom slathers on the butter, so...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

Many of which are incorrect.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yeah, at least 1000 for the plate.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Plus oil for the egg and whatever is happening with that bread?
  • wvtracyann
    wvtracyann Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would say at least 1000 wow looks good but hope you have lots of exercise planned for later