Beer belly and Moobs

Options
RossSwift97
RossSwift97 Posts: 3
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So recently ive realised that I'm starting to get a pot belly and moobs, I'm a student with a job and often struggle to find time to exercise,I rarely drink alcoholic drinks but I drink coke regularly (big problem). I'm 6ft2" and weigh 13st6lb I was wondering if anyone has any easy diet tips/ general help for me, I'm relatively new to the gym and generally working out, if anyone can help me out please feel free to do so :)
Ross

Replies

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    (1) Establish a Caloric Deficit
    (2) Move more
    (3) Measure and observe
    (4) Make necessary adjustments
    (5) Rinse
    (6) Repeat as necessary

Recipe for success right there.

Have at it.
    default Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    stop drinking regular coke

lift weights

eat less

exercise
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    (2) Move more
    (3) Measure and observe
    (5) Rinse
    (6) Repeat as necessary

Have at it.

Pretty much this.

• jeanmariemcp
    jeanmariemcp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How much Coke do you drink? I bet you'd be amazed at how much you'd lose just by cutting that out and drinking water or unsweetened tea.
  • RossSwift97
    Options
    (2) Move more
    (3) Measure and observe
    (5) Rinse
    (6) Repeat as necessary

Have at it.

Can you explain what this means please, I probably have a 500ml bottle a day (going to cut) is something like fruit squash okay or would just water be the best?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Can you explain what this means please, I probably have a 500ml bottle a day (going to cut) is something like fruit squash okay or would just water be the best?

It means: don't drink your calories, eat food, in moderation. Move more and ideally, lift weights while doing all of this.
  • marcos_ritchie
    Options
    Keep your MACROS stable.
  • RossSwift97
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

It means: don't drink your calories, eat food, in moderation. Move more and ideally, lift weights while doing all of this.

Okay thanks guys !
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    For 6'2" 188 lbs is within a healthy weigh range. Start lifting heavy stuff (follow a beginner's lifting program) and eat what you enjoy in moderation.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    How much Coke do you drink? I bet you'd be amazed at how much you'd lose just by cutting that out and drinking water or unsweetened tea.

One doctor told me just on your thought above many will lose 20 pounds in one year by just cutting the soft drinks and instead drinking water.