Gaining weight ideas? What can I take to gain weight ? in a healthy way? Please help !!

Options
marieahhh
marieahhh Posts: 2 Member
i been trying to gain weight for the past year! But my weight has been dropping ever since I had my daughter I was 116 now I'm 103 or less I have tried everything ! Any protein I can take or use to gain a little weight ? Or ideas thoughts anything will help !
Thanks
Please guys!! I'm not happy being this skinny

Replies

• tbfincher
    Options
    Here is the mass builder shake recipe I use when bulking.

1 cup of oats
    2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
    1 Banana
    2 cups of milk
    2 scoops whey protein
    28 grams of walnuts

It tastes delicious and comes out to roughly

Calories = 1,350
    Carbs = 85 grams
    Protein = 81 grams

Of course, if 1,350 calories at a time is too much for you, then you can always just take the recipe and half it.
  • marieahhh
    marieahhh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much !! I will totally try this ! Thank you @tbfincher‌
  • tbfincher
    Options
    No problem, and to answer your second question, there is no protein that will make you gain weight, that's all based on calories. However, two really good brands of protein is Dymatize and Optimum Nutrition.

I use Optimum, and right now I'm on the cake batter flavor and it rocks.
    http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Standard-Double-Chocolate/dp/B000QSNYGI/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1422344732&sr=1-1&keywords=optimum+nutrition&pebp=1422344755525&peasin=B000QSNYGI

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You don't particularly need protein, you just need to eat all the food!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Just figure out your current caloric intake and then up you calories till you start gaining. You ate obviously under eating so the answer is pretty simple. The question is really why are you unable to eat enough? Your maintenance should be pretty low so how much are you actually eating?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ice cream, cookies, bagels, pasta, bread, full fat cottage cheese, etc...
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    marieahhh wrote: »
    i been trying to gain weight for the past year! But my weight has been dropping ever since I had my daughter I was 116 now I'm 103 or less I have tried everything ! Any protein I can take or use to gain a little weight ? Or ideas thoughts anything will help !
    Thanks
    Please guys!! I'm not happy being this skinny

What was your pre-pregnancy weight? It's natural to lose weight after you have a baby. And if you're breast feeding or pumping, that's going to take out a lot of calories.

Personally, I think gaining weight would be the dream situation.
  • ELiCiT23
    ELiCiT23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just figure out your current caloric intake and then up you calories till you start gaining. You ate obviously under eating so the answer is pretty simple. The question is really why are you unable to eat enough? Your maintenance should be pretty low so how much are you actually eating?

Calories in vs Calories out. Simple. Spot on!
  • melodymommie
    melodymommie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm in your same situation , I had my baby last year and lost sooo much weight after, I went from 150 to 133lbs , I hate it , I don't like being this skinny . I've just started a natural supplement called cb-1 weight gainer , it has great reviews look it up , I've also increased my calories each day and eat mostly carbs . Hoping to see results soon!