Mommy over here! Looking to get back to pre-pregnancy size! NO MORE EXCUSES!

Options
FitForMaddy
FitForMaddy Posts: 46 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi :) (boy am I giddy this morning)
I'm Raven, I'm a 20 yo single mother of 1 beautiful 2 year old!
I am definitely in need of some calorie murdering buddies. I get support at home but not as much as I like..though my little one sits on the couch and snickers while I jiggle around exercising >:) LOL.

Any who I just want some people with the same goal as me (losing weight) to talk with especially in times where we feel like we will fail.

So i'll break the ice.

I'm 5ft-5in tall
I weigh about 320 pounds (i know jeeesh lol)
And for breakfast I had 1 pop-tart (gave the other to the most adorable German shepherd outside), 1 cup of Whole Milk exactly (i love whole milk, cant do without) and last but not least a Halo.

9 months before my daughter was born I weighed in at 200lbs.
You may think wow that's still a allot. But the truth is that A. No one believed me when I'd tell them that was what I weighed, some even got frustrated with me because they thought i was over exaggerating trying to make fun of myself. & B. I felt BEAUTIFUL.

I've struggled with my weight my whole life. Bullied by everyone including my own family. End of Freshman year of HS I left Houston and moved to the stix where my aunt worked out with me all summer. We dieted. I RAN :open_mouth: . We even did a little p90x. I mean lets see i was probably 15 when freshman year came ended and I weighed 245lbs. that's bad...especially that I was most likely that weight when I came out of middle school. Anyways when the new year started up after that summer of sweat I had lost 45 pounds. I mean I was healthy, I don't care what any doctor says honey I COULD MOVE, I COULD RUN, I COULD BREATHE, and I could wear SKINNY JEANS in size JUNIORS! WITHOUT a muffin top. *neck roll, finger snap* lol

The point is...I CAN DO IT AGAIN. This time I am looking to lose 120 pounds over time. Yep! That's right. I want to be at 200 again.

I still have my TOOL and Nirvana t-shirts from highschool that I refuse to let go of because one day I will wear them again and i will look great!

Enough about me :) Please please share ladies and gents there is no judgement here at all! I am looking forward to seeing some responses!!

P.S.sssst Feel free to send me a friend request! ^__^

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi Raven (lovely name by the way), you're welcome to add me.

I'm Dawn, I'm English, 37 and a mum of 3 gorgeous kids (5 years, 3 years and 8 months) and trying to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. I'm 5'6 and was 154lbs pre-pregnancy and a UK size 10/12, so US 6/8. I haven't weighed myself since Nov but I'd guess I'm about 185lbs now and I'm a US size 10.

I practically live at the gym lol. My husband does shift work so I fit it around that. I'm still on maternity leave but going back to work after Easter (part time teacher) so that'll ruin my workout schedule lol.

I know I'm not huge, but I don't feel like 'me' and I'm disappointed to have been working my a*se off for months and feel I have nothing to show for it!
  • FitForMaddy
    Options
    Hi Raven (lovely name by the way), you're welcome to add me.

I'm Dawn, I'm English, 37 and a mum of 3 gorgeous kids (5 years, 3 years and 8 months) and trying to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. I'm 5'6 and was 154lbs pre-pregnancy and a UK size 10/12, so US 6/8. I haven't weighed myself since Nov but I'd guess I'm about 185lbs now and I'm a US size 10.

I practically live at the gym lol. My husband does shift work so I fit it around that. I'm still on maternity leave but going back to work after Easter (part time teacher) so that'll ruin my workout schedule lol.

I know I'm not huge, but I don't feel like 'me' and I'm disappointed to have been working my a*se off for months and feel I have nothing to show for it!

Hey Dawn! I UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY!
    The hardest thing about dieting and exercising is not seeing any results, it's like a slap in the face really! It doesn't matter if you are not huge its all in the matter if YOU love yourself.

Kuddos to you honey because my excuse for the past two years is I don't have time and I only have one child lol you have three and you still make it a point to live a healthier lifestyle!

\Have you thought of any alternatives to exercising when you go back to teaching? I'm trying to think lol although I am no exercise guru xD
  • ksumindysue
    ksumindysue Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am a mother to three kids - 8, 6, and 4. I started my weight loss journey in August when I was fed up with myself. I was the same weight in August that I was when I was 7 months pregnant with my last child. I got a trainer and started using My Fitness Pal to log food. I worked out with the trainer 3X a week and did cardio another 3-4 days a week. At the 12 week point, I had lost 37 pounds (my profile pic is at the end of 12 weeks). I am now up to 46 pounds lost. It can be done! I didn't feel like I "looked" different and clothing felt different until I had lost about 20 pounds. The progress is slow, but it is worth it. I now work out with my trainer 2X a week and on my own the other 5 days. Yes, I usually work out 7 days a week, but I have found that I have learned to enjoy working out.

Good luck on your journey!! It has been (and continues to be) a challenge for me, but it has also been very rewarding and worthwhile!!

• FitForMaddy
    Options
    Ksumindysue YOU LOOK FANTASTIC! I don't know you but I am so proud of you! ^_^ Great inspiration and good luck on the rest of your *kitten* kicking journey!
  • cdnelson0102
    cdnelson0102 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey Raven,

I understand. I still claim my weight as baby fat, my youngest is 14, yes I said 14. I gained a lot of weight with her to the point it hurt for me to climb on the bed, my knees couldn't handle the weight. I am 4'11 3/4 so the weight was not good at all. I am finally trying to get it all off of me. I would love to be one of your supporters. Trust me I know it is hard after having a baby and trying to lose the weight and for people to point it out doesn't make you feel good at all. I just started working out again and have been doing good. I need to get off of blood pressure meds. I refuse to be meaty and on pills.
  • bholloway1987
    bholloway1987 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Raven, I'm trying to do the same thing. I have four kids ages 9-8-7 and a new addition to the family a 3 month old...so basically I have baby weight that stuck with me. Last time I weighed myself I was 230 pounds...(not liking it) but before I got pregnant I was 240...my goal is to get down to 200...or hoping 190!! So far I just started working out last week and over the weekend I got lazy and off track and ate stuff I shouldn't! But trying to get back to it again
  • ksumindysue
    ksumindysue Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ksumindysue YOU LOOK FANTASTIC! I don't know you but I am so proud of you! ^_^ Great inspiration and good luck on the rest of your *kitten* kicking journey!

Thanks, Raven!! We can do this together!! :smiley:
  • airmedic8
    airmedic8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It sounds weird but when I finally made the turn years ago...I use to imagine that my kids and my wife would be without me. That it was my fault and I had not taken care of myself and I had left them, because I was selfish and I wouldn't change. That my health had gotten the best of me. I never told them that of course.

It broke my heart when I first thought that. I thought, how could I be so selfish, with the way I have let myself go. My life was never the same after that day, never. Every time it was hard, I had that picture in my head and it knocked me right back down to the mission. We all need an accountability partner, who better than your kids who think your a god to begin with!
  • FitForMaddy
    Options
    airmedic8 wrote: »
    It sounds weird but when I finally made the turn years ago...I use to imagine that my kids and my wife would be without me. That it was my fault and I had not taken care of myself and I had left them, because I was selfish and I wouldn't change. That my health had gotten the best of me. I never told them that of course.

It broke my heart when I first thought that. I thought, how could I be so selfish, with the way I have let myself go. My life was never the same after that day, never. Every time it was hard, I had that picture in my head and it knocked me right back down to the mission. We all need an accountability partner, who better than your kids who think your a god to begin with!

Aww I teared up but you are so right! I'm glad you made the turn :D
  • FitForMaddy
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi Raven, I'm trying to do the same thing. I have four kids ages 9-8-7 and a new addition to the family a 3 month old...so basically I have baby weight that stuck with me. Last time I weighed myself I was 230 pounds...(not liking it) but before I got pregnant I was 240...my goal is to get down to 200...or hoping 190!! So far I just started working out last week and over the weekend I got lazy and off track and ate stuff I shouldn't! But trying to get back to it again

I'm right here with you love! It's so hard!! If you need any talking to, tough love or if you want to boast about your fierceness! Holler at me :) You know what kick started me? i finally set a short term attainable goal! Set weekly goals! It seems to be much more motivating. I also heard weighing your meals is essential. unfortunately money is tight on my end so I cant afford one yet but once I get one, I'm going jump on that band wagon too! :)
  • FitForMaddy
    Options
    Hey Raven,

I understand. I still claim my weight as baby fat, my youngest is 14, yes I said 14. I gained a lot of weight with her to the point it hurt for me to climb on the bed, my knees couldn't handle the weight. I am 4'11 3/4 so the weight was not good at all. I am finally trying to get it all off of me. I would love to be one of your supporters. Trust me I know it is hard after having a baby and trying to lose the weight and for people to point it out doesn't make you feel good at all. I just started working out again and have been doing good. I need to get off of blood pressure meds. I refuse to be meaty and on pills.

Aww thanks! i am on your team too! :) And i feel you, that is my fear too! We are at the point where we are tired of making excuses for ourselves and our bodily states we are ready to renovate our temples!

• Kre4Kre
    Options
    Hi guys in new to this.Don't know how to add people yet but to make my story brief I'm 5'5 weight 220…Everysince I mover to Houston from Cali I have gained weight. Trying to get to 180 but the weight gain has me do depressed I dont want to work out or do anything smh. I have always been average SiZe 8 jeans.nice shape Hardly no stomach. Just hips and booty. I ran into a friend of the family a few months ago and he told me I let myself go…Wow *more depression
  • superzeret83
    superzeret83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Another mom trying to lose the baby weight. It's awful seeing my old clothes hanging in the closet getting lonely lol.
  • mcnair0705
    Options
    hi everyone. a mom myself of a 10 & 12 year old. always have struggled and have tried many ways to lose weight. could never stick with any and gave up. last year I started on the Herbalife nutrition plan and have lost 33 lbs and kept it off. I still have a way to go but finally found something that is working for me. 80% nutrition 20% exercise
  • christiec2015
    Options
    Hey! :) I'm 20 too and also struggle with my weight. I was a normal, healthy weight growing up, but was still called fat for some reason. Looking back, I wasn't fat AT ALL, yet I still listened to the bullies and believed I was. Last year I was in a bad place and became depressed and put a load of weight back on, making me the biggest I've ever been. The scales in my house broke and so I didn't even really notice until most of my clothes became too tight :'( I'm mentally much better now though and so motivated more than ever to get healthy again! It'll be a long process, but I'm in it for the long run :)
  • brideofsuperman
    brideofsuperman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey Raven! We are close in starting weight. I started this journey in September at 332. I'm currently down to 280, so it can be done. I have two wild crazy (yet wonderful..at times) boys at home, ages 4 and 7. My house was and is still full of junk food. We lead a very busy rush rush kind of life most days, so poptarts and other not-so-good-for-us foods have hung around the house as they are easy to hand to a child as we run out the door, late again for the 100th time this school year.

It's not easy, but it is do-able as a mom and provider. I was a single mom for 4 years so I remember how it is. Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for new friends along this journey.
  • Superlissaanne
    Superlissaanne Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I relate to you 100%!! I'm a momma to one toddler and I gained 100 lbs that I can't get rid of. My goal weight is 180. Love to chat! Add me!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hi Raven ...I am Megan ....this time around I need to lose 98lbs...I was on MFP back in 09/2010 where I lost 78lbs then life and tragic things got in my way and I gave up and deleted my account from here of course I gained it back and then some .... but I am back with more determination than ever....I am a single mom to a beautiful 9 year old daughter ...wishing you much success ..feel free to add me
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4 here (10, 7 ,6 & 9 months). I'm a returning MFP-er. Lost 50 lbs my year but gained back 43 with my daughter. So here I am again. I'm wanting to lose a total of 70 lbs. Feel free to add me and anyone else. Good luck on your journey!
  • FitForMaddy
    Options
    Kre4Kre wrote: »
    Hi guys in new to this.Don't know how to add people yet but to make my story brief I'm 5'5 weight 220…Everysince I mover to Houston from Cali I have gained weight. Trying to get to 180 but the weight gain has me do depressed I dont want to work out or do anything smh. I have always been average SiZe 8 jeans.nice shape Hardly no stomach. Just hips and booty. I ran into a friend of the family a few months ago and he told me I let myself go…Wow *more depression

Aww :( that breaks my heart. I know what you mean about the depression you care so much you get angry and say "F**k It! I DONT CARE" but its just a retalliation to combat the grief you're giving yourself. I live in Houston too! maybe we can meet up and walk a few miles every weekend or something? None the less you keep your head up honey you're beautiful and you have to realize there is nothing wrong with you before you start to tweak (not fix) your body to be more to your liking.