What's your favorite restuarant for a great salad?

Options
Hello All! My boyfriend and I are having our once a month date night. I love to try new salads at restaurants. Even before I ever started dieting, I've been a salad lover. So, I'm curious, what's your favorite restaurant for a great salad? Tell me about the salad, please. I love Panera's Asian Sesame Salad w/ feta cheese, it's divine and only adds up to 480 calories.:wink: I also love the greek salad at my favorite pizza joint, Manhattan's Pizzaria, not sure on the calorie count.:(

Thanks from one Salad lover to the next?!

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Ruby Tuesday has the BEST salad bar ever. Everything is always fresh and there is a great selection of different leaves and toppings.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love Panera Bread's Thai Chopped Chicken Salad. I always ask for the dressing and the other sauce on the side and rarely use it. IT IS THE BEST!!!!
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    I LOVE the Thai chopped chicken salad from Panera- I get it without dressing or wontons and it's less than 300 calories, I believe (definitely less than 400) IT'S SO GOOD AND SO FILLING
  • joanie775
    joanie775 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love Qdoba naked chicken salad with black bean's & corn and sour cream if you like its 350 calories
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I just had the Med Salad from Noodle Co. yesterday. It was awesome, and only 310 calories!
  • youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    Options
    Chickfila has great salads.
  • NlKKA
    NlKKA Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden or Mazzio's!!!
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love McDonalds grilled chicken bacon salad.
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love Jason's Deli and Panera Bread salads, but to be honest My favorite is McDonald's Asian and Southwest Salads. Newmans Light Balsamic dressing is the best ever.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Gourmet Pizza Co, I get the Bacon and blue cheese salad, but replace the bacon with sun dried tomatoes.
  • laniackerman1
    Options
    If you are from London... or maybe the rest of the UK? Sumo Salad makes the most amazing salads and health food and they deliver :-)
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Ruby Tuesday has the BEST salad bar ever. Everything is always fresh and there is a great selection of different leaves and toppings.

Yes they do!!
  • Ajaay
    Ajaay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the calorie count, but I love salad at Outback. They make the salad to order, not in advance and make their own dressings.
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    Jason's Deli and Panera have the best salads.
  • Beelieveucan
    Options
    I get Souper Salad every day! I can choose what I want on it and put dressing on the side .You can also take it to go.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    If you're ever in the uk, Wetherspoons Superfood Salad is great. There's an amazing range of veg and even pomegranate. You can add fish or chicken but you don't have to. It's a cheap, chain pub, so a salad that's actually healthy is a huge step in the right direction.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I just had the Med Salad from Noodle Co. yesterday. It was awesome, and only 310 calories!

Thanks for posting! That is my daughter's favorite place to go and I never know what is good AND good for me there. I will try that one next time!
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting! That is my daughter's favorite place to go and I never know what is good AND good for me there. I will try that one next time!

All of their regular-sized options are under 1,000 cal., and you can find a lot of choices in the 500 & under range. I think they were voted most healthy fast casual restaurant by somebody (lol). For a restaurant, the sodium isn't outrageous, either.

Here's the nutrition guide: http://www.noodles.com/nutrition/
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I love the chopped power salad from Pizzaria Uno and the Garden and Fruit grilled chicken salad from Chick Fil A.