Lousy day

Options
I started the day off normally, with some tea and a good, healthy breakfast. And then somehow it all turned to c**p. I had chocolate for lunch and a fast food meal (1400+ calories :neutral_face: ) in the afternoon. I've been in a bad mood all day and I actually cried a little for no reason whatsoever when I got home from school. I'm tired and moody and so incredibly lethargic (I just woke up from a nap so that I could go to bed, it's past 9 pm where I live).
I have no idea what happened, I was so full of energy and happy yesterday and then today it's like I'm a completely different person. I was doing so well with logging meals and choosing my food better and I really felt like it was making a difference. Is it normal to have a random 'bad' day like today or have I done something wrong (not eating enough good stuff or not exercising enough or exercising too much)?
Although I know tomorrow is a new day and one failure doesn't mean I should give up, I still feel so disheartened and it seems like I will never reach my goal or get healthy and fit. More than anything I want to be active and energetic, yet today I feel anything but.
Some encouraging words or a kick up the backside would be nice :(

Replies

• Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely been feeling the way you have been lately. There's nothing wrong with having one bad day. After going on diets and falling off the bandwagon every year, I've decided that the only way to make it work and make it stick is to not beat myself up for enjoying the occasional piece of chocolate, or going out with my friends once in awhile. As long as you don't fall into a pattern, I don't see why one bad day should throw you off completely. You got this!
  • k2mexox
    k2mexox Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Do you have other things going on? Maybe your body and mind just needed a veg out day. Your right. Tomorrow is a new day. Make sure you track everything from today to make a record for reference and move forward! Feel free to add me!
  • wearJESUSwell
    Options
    Your absolutely right one day will not make or break you... If you don't allow for mistakes you will be setting yourself up for failure. Here's the thing we had one girl in our group so was like doing so well then for whatever reason she didn't care and make a couple of choices. After we encouraged her and told her she would be fine she jumped up dusted herself and went for a walk. Here's what you need to hear. Life is messy and because we don't get it right we start beating ourselves up. But forget that it's just one day and hey at least you know now what calories you are? Before this you could probably eat 3000 calories and didn't know it, but at least your moving forward. So what maybe you didn't take a giant step forward, maybe you took a half of step. But you moved you asked for help, and you recognize you messed up. If every time you mess up and kick yourselves even harder you will not enjoy the little victories along the way. So maybe you have 10 bad days out of a year, wow that's incredible.. May you even have 30 look at the good your doing, to bad as humans we tend to look at the bad instead of the good, cause there is so much good that we do. Listen here if God hasn't condemned you and has forgiven you, then take a clue from Him. God thinks your amazing, beautiful, intelligent and full of promise so if God thinks that about you, so should you!
    So get up dust yourself off and enjoy the rest of the day... To much to be thankful for... Start with thanking God for His help and your wonderful transformation... Go ahead His waiting!!!
  • ryanbrowning115
    ryanbrowning115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I slipped up this weekend...it happens. Today is a new day and you have new goals for yourself. Just look at how well you have been doing and start fresh. Good luck!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Remember this feeling.
  • awesomewastaken
    awesomewastaken Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey, thank you to you all for the kind words! I am feeling much better today, no idea what was going on yesterday, but hopefully I won't be having too many of such "blips".

Your words were very comforting, thank you! :smile:
  • kamack1215
    kamack1215 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I experienced the same thing about 2 weeks ago; I was super moody and was snapping at my boyfriend like crazy! But you just have to stick with it. Everyone has a bad day and it is fine, what matters is that you pick yourself back up and start going again :)