New powerlifter

Options
Just recently started using this app again, after I got introduced to powerlifting. I have a coach, but I haven't been in any comps yet. If you're a powerlifter (or just feel like it) add me!

I weigh 202; in the 84kg+ weight class. Just turned 15 (I know you're supposed to be 18 to use this app, but whatever)

1RM DL: 250lb
1RM Squat: untested (doing 135 for 5x5, though)
1RM BP: untested (but probably 90-95lbs)

Replies

• amarkov3
    amarkov3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, man! It's a fun sport and at the end of the day it's all about competing with yourself first. That's awesome that you're starting out at a younger age. You're primed to advance. Check out the 5/3/1 program, by Jim Wendler. I've used this type of training for years. It's great. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm a strength coach/trainer by profession.
  • jstarman18
    jstarman18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    amarkov3 wrote: »
    That's awesome, man! It's a fun sport and at the end of the day it's all about competing with yourself first. That's awesome that you're starting out at a younger age. You're primed to advance. Check out the 5/3/1 program, by Jim Wendler. I've used this type of training for years. It's great. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm a strength coach/trainer by profession.

Thanks! And I had a pretty good base to start off of because I played hockey for 7 years so when I stopped that and started lifting it just felt like a natural fit to powerlift :smiley:

• 10ecmuscle
    10ecmuscle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Awesome stuff. Add me if you want. Interested in the progress to come!