the ultimate family support happened today!

PNWriter
PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
edited September 27 in Success Stories
I just had to share. I have been dreading Mother's Day because of the annual breakfast my daughter and husband make me. Oh, no, it's not bad, it's YUMMY but totally not what I'm eating nowadays. It's usually pancakes, eggs, bacon, strawberries, an english muffin, hot cocoa, you know the drill.

Well, my 8 year old daughter served me breakfast in bed this morning for early Mother's Day. Apparently she pays attention because she made me a toasted Orowheat Sandwich Thin with two Laughing Cow Light Swiss wedges, Fage 2% Blueberry yogurt and water. I must have looked shocked at the lack of pancakes, et al, because my husband said, "That's what she wanted you to have." When I looked at my daughter and thanked her with a big hug, she said, "I know you're working hard to be healthy, Mom, and since you have this for breakfast every day, I guess it's what helps you the most, so I just wanted to help, too!" LOVE THAT KID!!!!

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    You must feel so proud of her! :)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    OMG, I have tears in my eyes. Please give your daughter a big hug for me and another one goes to you for being such a good role model.

Keep up the good work, that little girl is looking up to you kiddo!
  • ☆ShawnsMom08☆
    ☆ShawnsMom08☆ Posts: 74 Member
    That was so touching. My eyes are watering.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    ah that is so sweet:smile:
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    How precious! :flowerforyou:
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    What a dear little honey.....:-}
  • Jbauer41
    Jbauer41 Posts: 55
    :heart: That is very special!!!!!
  • clhiter
    clhiter Posts: 74
    its more than a diet its a lifestyle----the fam is getting it so you are there.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    that is so adorable!!! you must be dead proud of her
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Omg, that is sooo sweet!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Indeed, that is awesome. Great kid.
  • Tencie0615
    Tencie0615 Posts: 72 Member
    awwww thats so sweet...bout made me cry!
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    that is adorable - your daughter sounds like a real sweetheart :D<3
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Oh wow - my brekkie would have been covered in tears !! You must have felt great x
    I just had to share. I have been dreading Mother's Day because of the annual breakfast my daughter and husband make me. Oh, no, it's not bad, it's YUMMY but totally not what I'm eating nowadays. It's usually pancakes, eggs, bacon, strawberries, an english muffin, hot cocoa, you know the drill.

Well, my 8 year old daughter served me breakfast in bed this morning for early Mother's Day. Apparently she pays attention because she made me a toasted Orowheat Sandwich Thin with two Laughing Cow Light Swiss wedges, Fage 2% Blueberry yogurt and water. I must have looked shocked at the lack of pancakes, et al, because my husband said, "That's what she wanted you to have." When I looked at my daughter and thanked her with a big hug, she said, "I know you're working hard to be healthy, Mom, and since you have this for breakfast every day, I guess it's what helps you the most, so I just wanted to help, too!" LOVE THAT KID!!!!
  • bethanna91
    bethanna91 Posts: 63
    too sweet!!
  • AWWWWW....just so sweet! I know you are so proud of her! She and your hubby are such great support! Enjoy your Mother's Day! You are blessed!!

:flowerforyou:
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    I'm teary eyed-- happy mother's day.
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Very sweet!
  • ajmz319
    ajmz319 Posts: 128 Member
    What a lovely story!!!! so sweet!!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    How sweet
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!