Microsoft Band Use, Running

Options
I have a Microsoft Band and have it sync'd with MFP. I do not run, however I walk my dogs a couple of time a day. I was thinking I should try the running function on the band for tracking my dog walks. Anyone have a suggestion about this.

Replies

• scotthenry76
    scotthenry76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would. I have found you really need to tell the band when you are being physically active otherwise it doesn't seem to want to adjust calorie burn in myfitnesspal. I haven't figured out exactly how the band calculates calories burned but it is known to show the same burn for a 10,000 step day as a 3,000 step day so it doesn't seem to use the step data much. By placing the band in workout mode or run mode it bumps the heart rate sensor data rate from once per 10 minutes to once per minute so it should better measure your calorie burn while you are active.
  • gshifrin
    gshifrin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's a bit hard on the battery, but turning on GPS gives interesting readings. Also, that's necessary at first just to calibrate your pace.
  • Flambe72
    Flambe72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree - turn on run mode when you go for a walk and let your GPS track you. It will give you interesting results, and may help motivate you for longer or faster walks, too!