Muscly calves

Options
My genes have blessed me with big, rock hard calves. Only it feels more like a curse than a blessing. I'm glad they aren't big and fat but they make such a difference to my appearance! I don't like it, is there any way I could slim them down? The last time I had small calves I was significantly underweight, is there another way because I don't want to go back to that.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Spend a couple of years in a wheelchair? Your legs will probably atrophy quite a bit.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    This is a serious post?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Why is it a curse? I don't get it.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    In the words of the immortal Cranquistador...
    NO.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    you could cut them out and donate them to science....

OR

the method employed in the movie Misery would probably work too ...
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I get it. I have big calves too. And sometimes I roll my eyes because they don't look super feminine. But man, they are my best feature! I get so many compliments on my legs, and I don't even have to try. The rest of me, not so much! lol But I am very proud of my calves and rock them in heels, for sure! So much better than chicken legs!! Try to realize how lucky you are and rock those muscles!!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    So you are saying you have cankles?
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Its probably just baby fat and you'll grow out of it.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    maybe it is water retention...? Poke a hole in them and see if the water drains out...
  • littlelatina19
    littlelatina19 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well thanks for those who answered the question... I get that for guys it's great, but I'm not a guy. I don't like the way I look in dresses and I've never had any positive comments about them :/ I know others would love it but I don't, just like i love how others look and they don't. Anyway, at least now i know they're here for good, no point doing anymore searching.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Well thanks for those who answered the question... I get that for guys it's great, but I'm not a guy. I don't like the way I look in dresses and I've never had any positive comments about them :/ I know others would love it but I don't, just like i love how others look and they don't. Anyway, at least now i know they're here for good, no point doing anymore searching.

All you can do is work with what you have, sorry but that's reality but you can make them look their best.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    pics or these "thunder calves" don't exist...
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options

Calves are a pretty specific thing to comment on. I would feel a little weird if somebody just walked up to me and said, "Hey, nice calves!" Um...thank you?

Have you ever had anybody say anything negative about them? I have serious doubts about an 18-year-old girl having massive calves. It's probably all in your head.

As JoRocka would say, put on some high heels, go forth and be fabulous.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I would kill to have larger calves. I'm still really overweight but my calves look disproportionally (I butched that spelling, didn't I?) small comparatively. I think it's partially that I have tibial torsion and the lower part of my leg is just crooked and blah blah.

But seriously, You get what you get, and you should try to love them, as they aren't going anywhere.
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    lol...can be an issue in skinny jeans & forget most boots. I feel your pain OP. I wear a size 6 shoe so most boots my size won't zip over my calf. Maybe mine aren't as big as yours though 'cause I have never felt unfeminine because of them. Maybe I just haven't paid attention though haha
    default Posts: 124 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    not buying it.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    pics or these "thunder calves" don't exist...
    x2
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    No problem. Just don't wear pants or boots. Pencil skirts and pumps FTW.

big-calf-muscles-on-women-legs-5.jpg