Need advice

Options
Not in a good mood. My husband knows I am dieting and he had the nerve to bring me a hamburger today. Took one bite and it made me sick. How can I get him to understand that I don't want food like that? Also everything little thing is getting on my nerves today.

Replies

• chattygirl2
    chattygirl2 Posts: 103
    Options
    Not in a good mood. My husband knows I am dieting and he had the nerve to bring me a hamburger today. Took one bite and it made me sick. How can I get him to understand that I don't want food like that? Also everything little thing is getting on my nerves today.
    sent u a message!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    The answer is, you can't. My husband is the same way so I just had to get nasty with it. It started out that I would make him a separate dinner than I made for myself and the kids. So he starts asking why our grocery bill is so high and I told him that it was because I was bascially buying food for two families so he told me to stop. Then he started asking me what was for dinner and I would reply, "roast chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and steamed asparagus." And he would say that didn't sound good so I started telling him, "well, the Burger King is right down the road so if you want to keep killing yourself, the keys are by the door." I've just gotten to a point where the weight loss is for me and for what motivates me. If he can't see that, it's his loss, not mine.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it'll work for you, but I got my husband to sign up with me.
    Even if he doesn't need to loose weight, tell him it can support you in your goals.
  • motv8ed
    motv8ed Posts: 13
    Options
    Have you always ate "bad" with him? Or, have you been on a few diets in the past with not much succes? This has been my problem. Not that I'm "sticking up" for your husband, but sometimes I don't think their intent is to sabotage you, it's just he may be thinking, "she's not that serious". He also may be used to showering you with food. Think about it, our society is all about rewarding, praising, celebrating with food so someitmes we just need to make our needs crystal clear or it can be confusing for our spouses. Trust me, I have been through this with my husband a thousand times and just when he gets it down, I'm off my diet and now I'm mad because he DIDN'T get me a burger this time! LOL
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    I've been feeling like a total * I T C H lately because my boyfriend wants to take me out for dinner or drinks or breakfast when he gets off work at 1 in the morning and bring me candy or sweet stuff when he thinks I've had a bad day and it just pisses me off because I'm trying hard to count calories and change my habits.

He joined the gym with me but hasn't followed through on going with me like he said he would. I'm not expecting him to change his habits or his diet although he could certainly stand to lose some weight and take better care of himself, but I need him to be more sensitive and supportive of my efforts and not tempt me so often with treats that I will feel guilty if I indulge in.

He says he thinks I'm awesome just the way I am (which is sweet), but *I* don't think so and that is what matters, right?

I don't want to appear ungrateful so how do I not fight with him about this?
  • BrandyH20
    BrandyH20 Posts: 63
    Options
    I have always ate bad things since we have been together. I have lost 75 lbs over the years because I have PCOS (polycyst ovary syndrone). I was told that I needed to lose weight to help with this and to help with maybe getting pregnant. I am going to have to sit him down and talk with him.
  • BrandyH20
    BrandyH20 Posts: 63
    Options
    I've been feeling like a total * I T C H lately because my boyfriend wants to take me out for dinner or drinks or breakfast when he gets off work at 1 in the morning and bring me candy or sweet stuff when he thinks I've had a bad day and it just pisses me off because I'm trying hard to count calories and change my habits.

He joined the gym with me but hasn't followed through on going with me like he said he would. I'm not expecting him to change his habits or his diet although he could certainly stand to lose some weight and take better care of himself, but I need him to be more sensitive and supportive of my efforts and not tempt me so often with treats that I will feel guilty if I indulge in.

He says he thinks I'm awesome just the way I am (which is sweet), but *I* don't think so and that is what matters, right?

I don't want to appear ungrateful so how do I not fight with him about this?

I have tried me best not to fight with him but it is getting harder. It is like he does not understand. Maybe things will get better.
  • jentidd
    jentidd Posts: 80
    Options
    and bring me candy or sweet stuff when he thinks I've had a bad day
    Awwww thats really sweet, maybe you can ask him to bring you fruit instead! My husband could give a rip if I've had a bad day...

I totally understand... I try to leave the hubs out of the diet changes because he doesn't understand or care what he eats...
    If we go out I order something lite, I gave up making 2 separate dinners and just modify mine to make it better.

Its really hard and I feel for you! You aren't alone!