You Are Your Own Gym

Options
I have been using the You Are Your Own Gym app for exercising anywhere from 10 - 45 minutes a day. I love it but am having trouble finding the best way to enter the exercise(s) into MFP. Is there anyone else using it and/or have any suggestions on the best practice to enter the exercise data into MFP?

Thanks.

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    For tracking calories, one of the calisthenics variants will get you in the ballpark. You could also put together a bunch of custom exercises to track on the strength side, but it probably isn't worth the trouble.
  • VagablondViking
    VagablondViking Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hill8570 wrote: »
    For tracking calories, one of the calisthenics variants will get you in the ballpark. You could also put together a bunch of custom exercises to track on the strength side, but it probably isn't worth the trouble.

Just bought the book and haven't started yet. Thanks for the tip on logging it as calisthenics.
  • CMcD1445
    CMcD1445 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have the convict conditioning book and the YAYOG app, waiting for the book to arrive. I was also wondering about the logging so I thought I'd put a bump on this thread.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I checked the book out from the library and started YAYOG a week ago and am loving it! I also downloaded the dvds. I did research to see how many calories bodyweight exercises burn on average and kept running across 250 per 30 minutes for a 150 (or maybe 160) lb person so I created my own exercise called, "Bodyweight Circuits (You Are Your Own Gym) and used that calculation.