1 month in...and 100 lbs. to lose.

Options
this community has already helped me in a huge way.
but now it's time to put it out there.
you know, be open about what i'm really trying to do.
i'm going to lose a significant amount of weight (100 lbs.) and make exercise a part of my everyday life.
so far, i've lost weight and started a 3x/week workout schedule. it's going well, but i'm always up for meeting people who understand what it's like.
maybe you've done it? maybe you're currently working on it? maybe you just needed someone else to put it out there?
being successful is great - but having support (offering and getting it) is awesome.

would love to make new friends and hear from you. so many of you have done so well, it's so inspiring! thanks for the positivity and tips/support/helpful thoughts.

Replies

• hellobrookie06
    hellobrookie06 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I think it's awesome that you've started and committed to doing this for yourself. I know for me that's the hardest part! I myself have been going at it for about a month or a little under and I have a question. Do you struggle with the scale? Even though I've cut my carb intake and have added exercise I find that my numbers are not moving. I feel better, my stamina is better, but the number has not budged. My husband says to give it time, and I do understand that. It's just a downer knowing I'm doing the work and trying so hard yet haven't seen anything. Good luck with your weight loss!
  • Spitfire1204
    Options
    hey good luck!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    hey good luck!

^^ :)
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    nice to meet you.
    I have lost close to 50 and have at least another 50 to go.
    Feel free to add me
  • healthymoi2015
    healthymoi2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thanks all! @hellobrookie06‌ - yes! just went into ww for my meeting and to get weighed. was pretty bummed at my minimal loss. feel like i've worked so hard for tiny amounts. BUT, i think my body is lagging. i think it's just kinda like, "what the hell is going on here?" which might mean the numbers are the scale are what they are. it's frustrating. but i keep telling myself (and re-telling myself) that it's the right thing for my health. and sometime soon, it'll start showing on the scale. i'm sure it's the same for you! :)
  • hellobrookie06
    hellobrookie06 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think my body may be doing the same. Its not exactly sure what's ching on yet haha glad I'm not the only one, I kept thinking I was weird since you hear people and their weightloss losing 10lbs in a month. Uh not me! Not yet at least ;) and thank you!
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have about the same amount of weight to lose. This is my second time around. Feel free to add me :smiley:
  • SkinnySpringsGirl
    Options
    I have close to the same amount to lose. I can't afford WW right now, so I'm trying to round up as much free support and encouragement as possible :)
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend. I also have a walking group if you would like to join. Mainly its just a bunch of us putting our miles together and virtually walking across the US. Its a fun way to stay motivated to exercise.
  • socialone74
    socialone74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have created a group for women who need (or have) lost 100lbs - invite sent (Cheeky Chics). Welcome!
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have lost 106 lbs with 144 to go. Feel free to add me for support.
  • Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'd be pleased to be part of your friend/motivation group. I did well two years ago using MPF... 60 in 4months! Unfortunately, I stopped and regained 50 of it over the course of a year. :-( So back on track with MPF and now realize how important the friend aspect of this journey truly is. Please add me... All new friends welcome!
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude and would gladly be a friend.

I have 70 down & 10 to go before I transition to my next phase so I will be around here a good while longer
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    welcome from a gal in Oregon. Part of my local support is that I joined TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) which for us here its $3 a month for dues, and about $35 a year to get the monthly magazine. Local ladies and gents getting together, you weigh in by the recorder, listen to a program and vent, plus there are games to keep your morale up. Look it up online and find a group near you. Worldwide group. Most follow meal plans of their own and there is a plan you can get directly from TOPS.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    oh and add me if ya wish, I need to lose about 75 lbs to lose. :-(
  • healthymoi2015
    healthymoi2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @socialone74‌ - i looked but didn't see your group. would love to join!
  • jennylea70
    jennylea70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting with about 75 lbs to lose and am also looking for friends so that we can help and motivate each other. Feel free to add me!
  • mcclarjc
    mcclarjc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been at it for about a month and it has been life changing!! I have a little over 100lbs to lose and I know I can do it. Just look at it like little goals. I know you say that you feel like you have minimal loss but 2lbs a week may seem minimal but if you lose 2lbs a week for an entire year that is 104lbs!!! Those 2lbs a week are HUGE in the big scheme of things. Dont give up!!! Anyone please feel free to add me. I am looking to provide and get as much positive encouragement as possible :-)
  • snowlover14
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have the same amount to lose also. Always looking for those with similar weight loss goals.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Having 100 pounds to lose as well, and tried and failed, lost and gained many times over I finally gained insight, to lasting change. We don't change behavior overnight, I really see obese people as addicts who don't consciously realize how much food we eat, and how little we may move in comparison to others.

Glad you are committed to change. Don't get discouraged, the goal is improved health. It is not a number.