Second time around hopefully will work for me!

Options
I joined a while back and never stuck to it. Now this is for real, I need to do it this time for my health and I need help. I have over 150 lbs I want/need to loose. Please feel free to add me and any advise would be great.

Thanks!

Replies

• jmacok
    jmacok Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. This is my second time around as well. Feel free to add me.
  • joylevelup
    joylevelup Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It's probably my 4th time around. I am finding MFP friendships help. Feel free to add me! Good luck!
  • JTulachka143
    JTulachka143 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's probably my 4th or 5th time as well. But something feels different this time. I have 2 young children and as they get older and start to become involved in school sports and physical activity I want to 1.) have the energy to do it with them and 2.) be able to keep up with them.

I have recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism as well as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, I have gain an additional 30+ pounds in the last 4 months. My doctor wants to put me on an appetite suppressant which I am very apprehensive to try.

So this time I am committed, I have a follow up appointment with my Doc in 12 weeks and I am determined to be down 20 pounds. My overall goal is 120. Please feel free to add me and we can support one another through this beautifully difficult yet amazing journey.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!1
  • jennylea70
    jennylea70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this again too and looking for some MFP friends to help keep each other motivated! Feel free to add me!
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm back here for a second time. I have about the same amount of weight to loose. Feel free to add me.
  • Peanut_321
    Peanut_321 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am actually back here for a second time as well. I just never knew what to do here but with all the support it seems pretty awesome. You can add me if you would like! I know some tips and tricks if you need any :smile:.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Hi CIndy .. your back which is a great start. Feel free to add me as a friend. I also have a walking group if you are interested in joining. Its mainly just a bunch of us adding our miles or steps together and virtually walking from the west coast to the east coast. Its a fun way to be motivated to get some exercise in. Any amount of miles are good. If you want to join message me and I will send you a invite. (others are welcomed to join too).
  • Victoriamrs
    Victoriamrs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome back wish you success, feel free to add me :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    As part of your start you really need to spend some time thinking about the whole thing you are trying to do and making sure you decide on a plan that will be effective and work for you. Tons of good sensible advice on the stickies and floating around the forum.

Its all perfectly doable. here are some tips you will see repeated plenty.

1. Be your own best friend and never beat up. Dont demonise food.
    2. Log everything even if you go over as its only when you start logging you are abandoning things.
    3. Buy some digital scales and weigh all your food. Importnat for your deficit to be accurate.
    4. Do try some exercise, it has big health benefits and can ehance weight loss. Walking or whatever you can manage is a start.
    5. Learn some patience and perspective. Use 1lb a week as a very rough rule of thumb of how long it might take. Adjust as you go along.
    6. Dont be too agressive in trying to lose too fast, its about sustainable, consistent deficits.
    7. Do babysteps and take it one lb and day at a time. Keep hitting small tragets and that builds to increase confidence.
    8. Focus, so you know what to do when you hit a rough spot that you want to quit or binge. You should know your backup plan when this comes along.

It's all doable, just a bit of a grind at times.