No Progress Yet.

Options
So, like i had said earlier, i lost about 10-11 lbs from giving up dairy for a week and a half. Even though i have been exercising, counting calories, etc, i gained about 2.5 lbs. Why is this? i was thinking it was because i started consuming dairy again. HELP??
Thanks!

Replies

• Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling you 45days in and I'm still fluctuating up and down 4lbs, but not actually losing anything ;d
  • mghane
    mghane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I personally don't 'think I could ever go without dairy completely. Most days I'll have at least one serving--but I do try to limit my consumptions sometimes. I do know that some dairy products come from hormone treated cows... and those hormones do cause a bit of weight gain I feel...so look for dairy products that come from cows that are not hormone treated... that might help. Also, since you've been exercising, it is entirely possible that you have gained some weight from muscle--not from regaining fat. And honestly... there will be weeks where I'll weigh myself and have gained like 2-3 lbs and the next time i weight myself i"m down 4 lbs... the body will naturally fluctuate due to water, bloating, your period... etc. I wouldn't suggest cutting out dairy completely, but then again for some, that may be what they need to do (due to lactose intolerance, etc). Take time to get to know your body, and good luck!
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You know I am starting to believe more and more that everyone's body is so unique in what it can and cannot tollerate that there is no magic cure. You just have to figure out how to shuffle foods and exercise around until you start seeing a difference. My big thing that I am learning is that carbs in the form of bread, rice and pasta are toxic to my body. The only ones that I can eat and still lose weight are from veggies. I still don't eat fruit often or drink any kind of juice. It's all a very very personal thing.
  • freeliving22
    Options
    The same thing happen to me. The first week i lost 10 pounds and when i weighed in this week, i gained a pound
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Check the BMR for your new and improved weight--go into tools to find this--As I have been losing weight , my BMR is also changing--I actually lowered my total daily calories to meet the new BMR and I've continued to lose weight. Just make sure you're still consuming enough calories & speak with a doctor. Hope this helps & Good Luck
  • supersecretsquirrel1877
    Options
    You know I am starting to believe more and more that everyone's body is so unique in what it can and cannot tollerate that there is no magic cure.

I think this statement sums it up perfectly! I know that when I am trying to lose weight, I cannot drink any alcohol at all, period. Everyone is different, everyone is going to have different tricks that work for them.
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I simply follow calories. I don't look at fat, carbs, fiber, sugar, etc... I also try to throw in something "junky" everyday - but it has to fit into my calorie allotment. Makes me feel satisfed. Also... it seems to be keeping me from plateauing. Its like my body knows its not starving because its thinking, "Hey! She just sent down 3/4 of a double cheeseburger! There's no famine going on!" LOL!
  • brendi_lynn
    brendi_lynn Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks to all of you. But, the whole giving up the dairy thing made me feel physically wonderful. I just love cheese.