Lacking Motivation Today

Options
Its a very nice and motivating feeling when you meet a personal trainer online and you ask him how much he charges and he asks you how much you want to lose (130 pounds) and he responds with that is an extreme unobtainable goal and then blocks you. Not sure why but that really hurt my feelings and discouraged me.

Replies

• aliciahameed
    Options
    130lbs is NOT an unobtainable goal. But it will take a certain amount of time to achieve. Don't feel discouraged by that, just look for a new personal trainer or join classes. Even just go to the gym by yourself and watch what you eat. :) You can do it.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    either there is more to the story or he just did you a massive favor blocking you cause thats just so untrue. its totally doable, look around.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Good riddance to him! It's totally doable..... Maybe you could make an appointment to interview several trainers at a couple of gyms and see who you gel with. You are going to have a longgggg relationship with your trainer so it's important to match personality, experience and your goals. Good luck!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Thats the whole story?

130lb is obtainable ofc is it as people on here lose that and more .

You need to be realistic though and understand how its achieved, the effort involved and the time it will take you. As a very rough rule of thumb then id look at 1lb a week so 130 weeks to give you an idea. It could be longer or shorter depending on the effort you put in.

Put the experience aside. At this stage I think you cna do without a trainer as 80% is diet and what you need is discipline in recording and logging accurate deficits using MFP. Get some kutchen scales and spend the money on decent quality food or save it for a decent PT who is supportive. A PT who does that sounds very unprofessional and incapable.
  • Iwilldothis4myself
    Iwilldothis4myself Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It might take a while but you can do it. One day at a time. You did not gain weight over night it won't come off over night. Don't let a loser that you don't know ruin your spirit. You are doing this for you not anyone else you are your best friend or worst enemy. Hang in there girl you got this! :-)
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's really messed up. You can do it on your own without a trainer. I lost 62 lbs before getting pregnant (34 weeks now) and did it all on my own. I was even squatting 200 lbs. There are a ton of resources on this website, so use them all because they're free!
  • CatJill86
    CatJill86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the motivation :) its greatly appreciated!
  • RobfitJB
    RobfitJB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a trainer. It really upset me when I saw what you were told by that trainer. I apologize that's terrible. A trainers job is to encourage and motivate Someone to push themselves to achieve the goals they think are unattainable. Loosing 130 pounds is definitely possible. It will take work, but you can do it.
  • ilovethesmelloffreshcutgrass
    Options
    You can do it! It is scientifically possible .. Other people have lost even more. It will take time to do it healthy and every 5lbs will have you feeling better in many ways. As for the jerk who blocked you ... anyone can be a parent, anyone can be a trainer .. and they all aren't perfect. What an a**hole. Seems like the trainer needs a serious fitness overhaul for non-physical "flaws". Anyway! Remember that protein satiates you and a certain amount of complex carbs will satiate your brain and be good for your hair too! Watch your calorie intake. Eat well balanced and in a short amount of time you won't have "cravings" - balance in life is everything! Track it faithfully with this app - you don't have to be hungry. Burn more calories in a day than you take in will give you the results you want.
    You have the power and the will .. just dig it out dear!
    It's not always easy but you can still do it. That year will go by no matter what so where would you like to see yourself in a year? All the best to you.
  • bexeatsouls
    Options
    You can totally lose the weight. Stay focused, work hard, and it will come off. The hardest part is to keep it off. I lost 100 pounds! I am here because I put some of it back on after marriage and a kid, but I did it once, and I will do it again. If I did it, I KNOW you can too.
  • OperatorJames
    Options
    Don't let a-holes get you down! If you want something bad enough you can do it. Never give up!! Best of luck to you!
  • CatJill86
    CatJill86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much! I really appreciate all the support!