Fitbit adjustment, steps, other activities question!

Options
This is one of my first posts ever but I am hoping someone can explain this to me. This might be somewhere in all the forums but I can't seem to search for the correct terms. I have my Fitbit linked and it gives me steps adjustment. My question is if I run, am I supposed to add this as a separate entry or is it already logged in the Fitbit adjustment sync? What about other exercises like weights or Zumba classes? Thank you so much!!

Replies

• codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    That's upto you. Anything step based like walks, running, etc I let fitbit do. Weights, etc I usually log. However since getting my charge hr I just let fitbit track it with the workout mode

Also there is a fitbit group on here
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Same here. I let fitbit hr track my cardio. I log strength training just to keep track of what I did.
  • reyna0526
    reyna0526 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    codycsweet wrote: »
    That's upto you. Anything step based like walks, running, etc I let fitbit do. Weights, etc I usually log. However since getting my charge hr I just let fitbit track it with the workout mode

Also there is a fitbit group on here

Thank you for the info! I'll do a search for the group too.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I let my fitbit record everything except swimming. I figure its probably underestimating a bit on something like Zumba, but I only do it once per week so I don't worry about it too much.
  • reyna0526
    reyna0526 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I have another question. I started using a running app and linked it to MFP, so today I see an adjustment for steps along with running and walking adjustments that it pulled from the running app. Is this actually doubling the exercise adjustment?