What am I doing Wrong???

Options
I do not understand I am going to the gym everyday and doing Zumba 2 to 3 times a week but I am not losing. I am under my 1200 calories everyday. I am drinking at least 6 glasses of water a day.. What am I not doing?

Thanks

Replies

• KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I would have to say you are not eating enough calories. 1200 is the LEAST anyone should eat and even that is questionable. You need to feed your body. Try uping your calories a little and see if that helps and you should be eating your exercise calories.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Try reaching the daily calorie goal that MFP gave you. It wasn't a maximum, it's actually what you're supposed to eat. Good luck!
    -LP
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You'd have to make your food diary public for people to see what's wrong.
    But it MIGHT have something to do with eating too few calories if what you say about being under 1200 cals is true
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY eat more! It may sound backwards, but trust me, you're sabotaging yourself otherwise.
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    From what i've learnt on here, you must eat your exercise calories! So you should be able to eat 1200 cals a day plus the calories you burnt exercising - there's lots of threads on here about that.
  • tylerlikegirls
    Options
    What exercises are you doing at the gym? Make sure to incorporate a lot of cardio into your workout and that will help you reach your goal. If I were you I would also try and drink more than 6 glasses of water a day. Also how are your meals....Eating smaller portions throughout the day will increase your metabolism and also help with weight loss. Theres an old saying "your metabolism is like a furnace.....put all the wood in at once and it wont burn right, but add it a little bit at a time and it will work perfectly"
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This article helped me get a grasp on things when I started.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Not only your calorie intake, but do you watch your sodium intake as well? There's an option to view sodium in your food diary as well... :)

I don't eat that many calories, but when I exercise I try to eat over 1200 calories...cause I don't wanna be super hungry at night or anything like that... D:
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I do not understand I am going to the gym everyday and doing Zumba 2 to 3 times a week but I am not losing. I am under my 1200 calories everyday. I am drinking at least 6 glasses of water a day.. What am I not doing?

Thanks

Also... how often are you weighing yourself? It shouldn't be more than once a week... and if you've lost a lot of weight in the beginning I suggest looking once every 2 weeks.
  • kiwinermal
    kiwinermal Posts: 17
    Options
    I know it is hard but try not to get discouraged. Some of us loose slower than others so as others have said, make sure you are eating enough and keep up the exercising. As long as you are diligent you WILL loose weight but try to have some patience.
    For me personally it took a good 6 weeks for my body to get reved up and start loosing. I have been on this journey for 4 1/2 months now and am so glad I stuck with it. Good luck!!!1
  • pamwilli14
    pamwilli14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Okay I was told that I eat no more than the 1200 and do not eat my exercise calories. I am so confused
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I follow what MFP recommends and also eat back most of my exercise calories. The required deficit is already calculated for you by MFP, so why not take advantage of this awesome tool. Very important, are you weighing and measuring everything you eat? You would be shocked how off you can be if you are just "eyeballing" things or estimating. Also, the site can overestimate exercise calories by quite a bit. If you can, invest in a good quality heart rate monitor, they are worth every penny. Lastly track you sodium very carefully, it can be the downfall of many a good plan :) Good luck!
  • yenohamk
    yenohamk Posts: 117
    Options
    You've got to play around with your weight loss. If you've tried one thing for weeks and weeks with no success, it's time to try something different. Every body is not made the same, so every body can't follow the same program. I know lots of people who say to eat back all of your exercise calories, and that well may work for them, but I'm normally under my limit and I'm pretty active in the gym, with steady weight loss that I am pleased with, so I feel no need to follow that advice because so far what I'm doing is working for me. If that changes, I will definitely try it. Your body may be that type that needs more fuel to feel like it is not losing out on anything, thus releasing the weight. So you've got to play around. Start with calories. Or taking a day of rest from exercise. Change can be good.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been stuck?
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Have you seen your family doc to have your thyroid levels checked and a fasting glucose done? If you are putting in the work, and the weight is not coming off, its something you may want to get checked out. Good luck!
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Also - invest in a food scale. I was waaaay off on how much a 4oz portion of meat was, and even things that were measured by cups (but also have grams listed) were off too.