Been using mobile myfitness pal for a while, but new to the

Options
karamille
karamille Posts: 79 Member
Hello! My name is Kara. I've been using fitness pal app on my blackberry for almost 2 months, but today is my first time on the message boards! I have two sons, 4 y/o and 2 y/o. The 2 yr old has a genetic condition and an undiagnosed metabolic issue, which requires that he eats almost 2000 calories a day just to keep from losing. All day long I cook for him using cream, butter, avacadoes, whipped cream, pastries, etc... Since his diagnosis, I have gained over 50lbs. I have been absolutely disgusted with my self. So far I am down 18lbs, but have about 60 more to go. :P

Replies

• rob_spitzer
    rob_spitzer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You should not be disgusted with yourself, being negative towards yourself will do more harm then good. I really wish you the best of luck.
  • bootblackblast
    Options
    One of the kids I used to nanny for had a similar issue and one way we helped solve it was to pack more of the calories into what she DRANK instead of what she ate. Granted it only works to some extent but I don't see many kids saying no to fruit smoothies made with ice cream. You can make yours with sorbet instead. Quick easy switches make it easier on everyone. Low fat cheese, and fat free sour cream on your quesadillas with chicken. Full fat cheese, avocado, full fat sour cream with chicken on theirs.

The willpower part REALLY sucks, but you can do it.
  • Rodneymc4
    Rodneymc4 Posts: 62
    Options
    One of the kids I used to nanny for had a similar issue and one way we helped solve it was to pack more of the calories into what she DRANK instead of what she ate. Granted it only works to some extent but I don't see many kids saying no to fruit smoothies made with ice cream. You can make yours with sorbet instead. Quick easy switches make it easier on everyone. Low fat cheese, and fat free sour cream on your quesadillas with chicken. Full fat cheese, avocado, full fat sour cream with chicken on theirs.

This was GREAT advice:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options

This was GREAT advice:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    [/quote]

Yes, that is great advice. :) I will say that I do have an awesome family doc. I went to her, explained my situation with Ike's issues, and was honest that I needed help. She broke her long standing rule of not prescribing Rx diet meds for me. It has really helped me cooking - which I do all day everyday for Ike because of his mulitple food sensativites.. Its human nature to taste as you cook, but for Ike, one little taste could have 30+ calories in it - and it adds up fast. There are many days I just cannot have what the rest of family is having and it helps to have that little help with the appitite when I pass up whatever I just cooked for a precooked chicken breast and a bowl of baby greens.
  • diamanos
    diamanos Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm new to the community too, even though I've have fp for 1 1/3 months! You've made a lot of progress and you should be proud of yourself! :) Congratulations on losing the weight and keep it up!

Feel free to add me as a friend too!