Beyond Frustrated

Options
I often start an exercise and diet plan over and over and find myself giving up because I see no results. I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred for 7 days now and see no results yesterday I also added in her 6 weeks to 6 pack and feel no soreness. I just feel like exercise never gets me anywhere and I just want to stop wasting my time and get on the path to my perfect body.

Replies

• kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You are being unrealistic if you think anything is going to happen in 7 days.

I often workout and don't feel sore or anything after. I really have to push myself to get any muscle soreness and will only get it in my weakest muscles. But when I was working out regularly and eating right after a month or two I started to notice my body composition shift and my weight was starting to come off my worst areas.

You need to keep at it for at least a month to see any results but preferably 2.

Also what do you mean by diet plan, are you eating enough or still eating to much?
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    If you can hire a trainer, even for one session, do it. They teach you a lot!
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Why do you start the same plan over and over if you believe it doesn't work?

I agree that 7 days is *way* too early to give up, that it takes significantly more patience and time and effort to see or measure tangible progress. BUT why keep going back and back to something you think is pointless?

If the JM workouts don't work, try P90X3 or Insanity. Sign up for a race and start C25K. Join a gym and start taking spin classes, or lifting heavy.