1 month in...and 100 lbs. to lose.

Options
2»

Replies

• kimnteri
    Options
    I have about 60 that I would like to lose and am historically a slow loser and fast gainer. I am inspired by others with endurance and persistance. Maybe we can all do it together. I need inspiration for impulse control. Add me if you like.
  • joylevelup
    joylevelup Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work and feel free to add me!
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm needing more friends as well. I have to lost about 100 pounds also. So add me and we can do this. :D
  • credle071207
    credle071207 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 47 lbs, and have about 110 more to go. There are two factors that really have made the difference for me this time. First of all, I had to examine what my real motivation was. Last August, I spent a few days in the hospital and ended up having a heart catherization done. As it turns out, I had no major issues, but my cardiologist told me that it was a wakeup call. He said I had to lose weight. He told me to take in less than 2000 calories per day. He cautioned me that even with that amount of calories, that I had to balance them properly. He wanted me to lose at least 50 lbs in the first 6 months. Once the initial water weight went, he wants me to concentrate on losing 1-2 lbs per week. He said the slower it comes off, the more likely it will be for it to stay gone. I am 5 months in, and have already lost 47. I will get his 50 in 6 months. Secondly, I honestly log every bit of food or drink that crosses my lips in My Fitness Pal. The key is to be honest with yourself about how much and what you are eating.

I have no doubt in my mind you can do this! Keep up the good work, and the lbs will go!
  • socialone74
    socialone74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Go to Community and on top to the right of the message boards will be a bell icon. That is where the invitation will be.
  • vmonck
    vmonck Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I need to lose 80 lbs. Have tried WW many times with varied success. I'm now trying to watch portion sizes with well balanced meals. Add me so we can help each other.